Summer Music

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Anybody here listen to different types of music during the heat? I sure do, 90% of the CDs in my usual folders get swapped out.

Heat wave groups:
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Corrosion of Conformity
Morbid Angel
Carcass
Slayer
Megadeth
Metallica
S.O.D.
Sepultura
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
My Bloody Valentine
The Doors
many more...

:hotjump:

Reactions: Lutz
I sort of get into the blacker stuff during the summer. It's kind of opposite. Of course I'll be moving to California this summer, so I'll probably start listening to Sugar Ray and stuff like that.

I do like to kick out stuff like this for those rowdy summer nights.

Mastodon
Converge
Isis

Summer is Power Metal season. Ok before you dismiss me as always for my Power Metal likes, I truly stand by these bands:

EDGUY = Iron Maiden + Helloween + Queensryche + Church Choirs. I love them. I love them. I love them. I don't care what anyone says.

ANGRA = Rebirth. In fact give me anything Brazillian....

SEPULTURA = Roots BLOODY Roots!! Just to scream it in the car.

EMPEROR = In the Nightside Eclipse (for Summer nights).

IRON MAIDEN = Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son (but just Clairvoyant, Prophecy, & Infinite Dreams)

PULP = Different Class (because it's a great Brit Pop Rock album and it reminds me of home
bawl1.gif
).

And probably a glam rock band to sprinkle in somewhere - perhaps SKID ROW - Slave to the Grind (just to blast Quicksand Jesus and hear Sebastian at his finest moment. Ever).

JayKeeley said:
ANGRA = Rebirth. In fact give me anything Brazillian....

You know their cover of Wuthering Heights? It is so cool :cool:

I can remember my christmas albums from the last four years ^_^ but things don't really change over summer. The one band I do associate with summer is Guns N Roses, not a pleasant experience >_<

I can see myself listening to the new PowerQuest album a fair bit, though...

Reactions: Lutz
Last weekend I was in the snow in below freezing weather, since then it's reached nearly triple digits (in farenheit, obviously) three times. Therefore, BUMP.

Kyuss and any other stoner stuff just RUUUUUUUUUUUULES in the hot weather. Must be all the big molten riffs. :kickass:

Black Winter Day said:
JANE'S ADDICTION
Faith No More/Mr. Bungle/Fantomas
YES.

Talking Heads
Queens of the Stone Age
Monster Magnet
Sacred Reich
Edge of Sanity

I was just thinking about this earlier today. In Flames-Clayman is an excellent warm weather album and I bet Shadows Fall-The Art of Balance would be good to listen to driving down the road as well.

EDIT: Bloodbath is surprisingly good warm weather music too.

ALOT of Grind and Thrash fit in with my summer CDs. Uphill Battle, Today is the Day, Slayer, Mastadon, Exodus, Cephalic Carnage, Testament, Nifelheim, etc.