Summoning

Zemb

Jun 10, 2001
France
Visit site
I bought their last 2 albums, awesome stuff !!!!!

I was once tired of music as a whole, but now it's getting back into me with Summoning, Hollenthon, Death, Empyrium, Mythotin...

Is that to say, Stronghold and Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame (I really can't stand this title - it makes me cringe), or Stronghold and Nightshade Forests?

I got 'Let Mortal...' a few days ago... Really nice, especially "Farewell"! 'Stronghold' seems to be a bit better, though (I downloaded most songs on 'Stronghold')

I abosolutely hate those female vocals on the 5th track of Stronghold. I always skip that song, the music is totally ruined by her singing. I can not stand that song!

...but I HATE their drum computer!!!

Really? I absolutely LOVE the programmed drums. They sound so much better , and even managed to sound more "real" than real drums, if thats possible. Listening to the new album, I found myself wondering if they had a new drummer. But I really don't like any of their albums earlier than stronghold much.

Hey ! The drum machines are a necessary component ! They increase that hypnotic feeling. Well, as for me, my feelings for Summoning have grown colder lately... maybe it's temporary, but I don't find them as enchanting as before. And I mean ALL the albums.

D Mullholand

I have had Summoning Stronghold for about a year now I think they are awesome and I really dont mind the programmed drums their one of the best Symphonic Black Metal bands around.