SunnO)))))))/Boris

are boris playing other dates while they're over here?

edit: oh

SUNN O)))
25th May Walker Art Center Minneapolis w/ Boris
26th May Logan Square Chicago w/ Boris
27th May Wexner Center Columbus w/ Boris
28th May Emmisions From the Monolith Festival Youngstown w/ Boris
30th May Avalon NYC w/ Boris

Boris U.S. TOUR 2006

2006.5.25(Thu) Walker Arts Center (Minneapolis, MN)
w/ Sunn 0))) & Oren Ambarchi

2006.5.26(Fri) Logan Square Auditorium(Chicago, IL)
w/ Sunn 0)))

2006.5.27(Sat) Wexner Center For The Arts (Columbus, OH)
w/ Sunn 0)))

2006.5.28(Sun) Emissions Festival (Youngstown, OH)
w/ Sunn 0)))

2006.5.30(Tue) Avalon (New York. NY)
w/ Sunn 0))) & Oren Ambarchi

2006.5.31(Wed) TBA

2006.6.1(Thu) Middle East Club - Boston, MA
w/ Growing & Thrones

2006.6.2(Fri) Wallingford American Legion Hall (CT)
w/ Growing & Thrones

2006.6.3(Sat) TBA

2006.6.4(Sun) Ottobar (Baltimore, MD)
w/ Growing & Thrones

2006.6.5(Mon) First Unitarian Church (Philadelphia, PA)
w/ Growing & Thrones

This would be one of the best things ever if I went to one of these! I think New York and PA are closest to me but I'm not even consulting a map so I'm probably wrong as usual.

I saw both these guys at the ottobar last time they came through. Both shows were two of the best I've ever seen. Boris live is ungodly and Sunn0))) is like a religous experience.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Hey Chromie are you coming to the ottobar show?

I'd like to, yes

However I don't like going to Baltimore all by my lonesome, plus it's late on a sunday night, so still not sure.

lizard said:
this quote intrigues me: "I walked out cleansed and alert...like all the poison had been rumbled out of me."--Village Voice on Sunn O))) live

which is curiously enough how I always felt after tripping.

i know i've felt something like that after leaving the best concert experiences of my life

Sunn O))) in concert is a real trip. It is also insanely loud, so bringing earplugs or scoping out an area to stand not in the direct line of speakerfire is recommended.

I'm still not a major fan of Boris' studio work, but live they totally smoke. And Wata is hota omga. She has the BEST. GUITARTONE. EVARRRRR. Orange + Les Paul = ftw.

tijfj43s83cij24lk <--- this acronym means something deep, I swear

Chromatose said:
Thirty Helens agree, a resounding "yes".

hahahha nice

well i'd of course recommend going, also does anyone know if the churches they play are unitarian type dealies who wouldn't mind or do they somehow manage to book evangelical doohickeys :confused:

I think that chruch philidelphia they always play at just rents the place out to anyone. If I recall, Nachmystium opened for Sunn at that place on the last tour :lol:

lizard said:
this quote intrigues me: "I walked out cleansed and alert...like all the poison had been rumbled out of me."--Village Voice on Sunn O))) live

which is curiously enough how I always felt after tripping.

I think it would be impossible to walk out of a Sunn/Boris show without feeling like you just came down from a particularly disastrous but enlightening trip...