Superior 2.0 - preset collection

Guitars:
Schecter C-7 Blackjack - TS-9 - Engl Screamer 50 head(g-major in fx loop) - Engl 212 Vintage cab/Greenbacks) - SM57 Left and E906 Right.

I brought my Engl 412 Standard Cab(V30) home to record songs/clips with it. I am also building 412XL cabinet(V30/greenbacks front mounted).

lekteri, that is an amazing sound that you have there, i'd kill to have guitars sounding that nice! your superior 2.0 settings are also very nice sounding. it sounds proper studio like! might need to get an engl, and some nice mics.. haha

Dude, THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!

Only thing I would change is the woofy-ness of the kick. You can hear it in the first, slower, double-bass part (end of the clip).

I promised to share my changes to your preset, but now that you uploaded that new one I'm going to start over ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Speaking of AD and Superior Drummer 2.0, here's a drum map I made for converting Addictive Drums midi maps to Superior Drummer 2.0 maps, for use with MIDI File Mapper (http://www.codeplex.com/midifilemapper):

http://koti.mbnet.fi/juhau/AD to Superior Drummer 2.0.xml (just place it in the Maps folder where you unpacked MIDI File Mapper, and it'll appear in the list within the program)

It allows you to quickly (a few clicks and milliseconds) and easily convert AD MIDI tracks to ones compatible with Superior Drummer 2.0 MIDI map. Handy when you have a lot of songs done in AD and you want to migrate to or test out your tracks in Superior Drummer 2.0 :)

There is one subjective thing in the file though, which I'm kind of sitting on the fence with.

Below is a part of the xml file (you can edit it with notepad or whatever text editor you like). It defines what sound is used during the conversion. Addictive Drums' "Snare Shallow..." hits are basically hard hits on the snare edge, but the Snare Edge sample sounds really weird in Superior Drummer 2.0 (very high-pitched and very little sustain, while in AD it basically sounds like a really hard-hit snare).

<NoteMap Name="Snare Shallow Rimshot" InNote="41" OutNote="33"/>
<NoteMap Name="Snare Shallow Hit" InNote="43" OutNote="33"/>

If you want to be accurate, that would be correct (both are Snare Edge samples), but at least for me it depends on what is being played. Sometimes it sounds right, sometimes it sounds really weird. Especially if the hard hits are at the end of a snare roll that increases in velocity. In that case it can sound good. But if the hit is more like a part of a rolling fill with different drums played around, it sounds like complete shit. In that case, I recommend you edit the two lines above so that the parts OutNote="33" are OutNote="38" so that instead of Edge hits, they are just regular snare hits (33 = Snare Edge in SD2.0, 38 = regular snare hit in SD2.0). Like this:

<NoteMap Name="Snare Shallow Rimshot" InNote="41" OutNote="38"/>
<NoteMap Name="Snare Shallow Hit" InNote="43" OutNote="38"/>

But since it's subjective, do whichever way you like it :)

Dude, I love your preset!
I just routed everything to it's own output, put a clipper on the snare and the toms and that's about it. Only thing I changed completely was the kick, because I'm aiming for a less dominant kick-sound.

Thumbs up! Thanks again, best drum-sound I've ever had.

leikteri, i really like that sound, both drums and guitars :D
what amp is it you use? i'm really thinking about buying one..
thanks,