SWALLOW THE SUN-HOPE

Great bands. Also finnish Shape of Despair is a great doom band, although their latest album wasn't quite so good as previous ones. I also like swedish band Forest of Shadows a lot.

Oh,yes...Forest of shadows...amazing band....suicidal top notch :kickass:

Currently listening...
I'm at track 3 and so far it's goddamn amazing. It might even surpass "Ghost of Loss".

Will definitely buy that fucker.

from blabbermouth

Finnish melodic death/doom metallers SWALLOW THE SUN have posted their video for the song "Don't Fall Asleep (Horror Pt. 2)" at YouTube.com. Produced by Medialouhos and directed by Antti Hyyrynen, the clip was shot in November 2006. The track comes off the group's forthcoming third album, "Hope", due on February 7 via Spinefarm Records. Audio samples of three songs from the CD — "Hope", "These Hours of Despair" and "Too Cold for Tears" — are available at this location.

what a horribe video! either i'm way too tired or it didn't make a lick of sense

hmmm......yea...what was that supposed to be about?
the imagery was cool.....well filmed.....lots left for our interpretation.....I think thats probably what they were intending...for it to be vague.......if they were really set on us knowing what was going on then yes.....I dont think they did a good job....but I dont think thats what they wanted, clearly its being vague was intentional.

jonas part on this album was... TOO good!
it should be brought back where it belongs ;)

:lol: Damn, those were practically my initial thoughts when I first heard the vocals.

Seriously, fucking beautifully put together. At first when I heard the vocals, I told a friend, wow - the clean vocals are surprisingly GOOD on this new StS (in other words, mindblowing, didn't want to give StS too much credit haha.) Then I got annoyed because they REMINDED me so much of Jonas/Katatonia - thankfully all was well when I realized it was actually HIM doing the vocals.

I do agree it's one of his best performances, but he has so many. And I think I'm biased, because it's almost - almost like listening to new Katatonia material, so of course I'm ecstatic.

the clean vocals are surprisingly GOOD on this new StS (in other words, mindblowing, didn't want to give StS too much credit haha.) Then I got annoyed because they REMINDED me so much of Jonas/Katatonia - thankfully all was well when I realized it was actually HIM doing the vocals.

Not that there is a misunderstanding here, do you refer to the one song with Jonas or to the whole album (as seems in that first sentence I quoted)? Because the rest of the clean vocals are_done by STS´s Mikko.
:)

Daylight Dies, Slumber, Novembers Doom and Mourning Beloveth are four vastly superior bands pretty much unknown compared to STS
Daylight Dies and [newer] Novembers Doom are not doom/death metal bands. As for the "vastly superior" comment, I don't agree. Even though I enjoy both Daylight Dies and Novembers Doom (I own several albums of both bands), Swallow the Sun is more to my liking. As for Mourning Beloveth, I'm not too fond of them. I never heard Slumber.