Swans and Gira's other bands.....

LOL has da best Swans song ever "In the Eyes of Nature"

You HAVE to get Various Failures, I think it's pretty essential if you've never heard the bunnies (or can't find them... I lucked out on LOL at a local shop)

I have a few Swans albums but the only songs that ever REALLY hit me are "Helpless Child" and "The Sound" - the two really long songs off "Soundtracks...". Those two songs are OUTSTANDING but the rest of their material never really got my attention. Is there any particular album, or just other songs that sound like those two?

Soundtracks for the Blind is fucking amazing, probably my favorite one currently. Then again White Light From the Mouth of Infinity is so perfect that it makes me poop myself while jerking off to its majesty.

Oh yeah I have both bunny albums and Various Failures, all four discs getting pretty equal listening time.

I must say, World of SKin's "Ten Songs for ANother World" is downright amazing. finally got a true copy of "Great Annihilator". Angels of Light debut "New Mother" is very good.

The Burning World is on the way to me.

man, Nate was right all along. Gira is a genius. he's all m listening to these days. hope im in the mood for proper metal by the time Heathen Crusade rolls around.

everyone knows... that you are fucked up
and everyone knows... that I am fucked up
but did everyone know... that you're more fucked up than me?

currently listening to World of SKin's Ten SOngs For Another World. amazing!

best Swans = Love of Life

i like Great annhilator as well. the burning world is probably my #2. i dont dig Children of God or that 2CD one too much

I'm listening to White Light From the Mouth of Infinity right now. Music simply does not get any more perfect. The only reason I like this more than Love of Life is because it doesn't have the inbetween tracks, although oddly enough, I absolutely adore those.

I haven't bought a Swans album in a few years now, methinks I should get back at that. Especially since the woman is totally digging them now.

if you like the white light, love of life, great annihilator era, World of SKin's Ten SOngs From ANother WOrld is a must. it's just Gira and Jarboe under a different name.

Is that the same as the second half of Children of God / World of Skin re-release? If so, yes, that shit is beyond rad.

totally different songs. that second cd is like a combo of songs from previous SKin CDs. Ten Songs From Another WOrld is a full length of exclusive stuff.

Cool, will seek that out then.

I can dig the fact that Michael Gira does what he wants with his own tunes in the re-release stuff, but at the same time I still want the originals.

the one that got me into the band was Great Annihilator.

my fave is Love of Life

a safe bet is the 2CD Various Failures

Did you get the new Angels of Light? It's more like mid 90's Swans stuff. It's still a little different, but it's probably some of his best post-Swans stuff.

Angels of Light 'We Are Him'