Sweden vs Finland

What do you think?

• Finland

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Sweden

Votes: 55 69.6%

• Total voters
Better grammar? I totally disagree... "The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired...)" alone should prove your statement false!

I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard that song or whatever it is.

Finnish lyricists tend to make a lot of grammatical mistakes, this is because finnish grammar is very different from english grammar. Seriously, I've tried to learn that language, although not very hard, but the grammar is insane.

A poll between all the scandinavian countries would've been more interesting. I'm not sure what I'd vote for then, many of my favourite bands are norwegian.

Sweden without question. Pain of Salvation, Astral Doors, Evergrey, Mustasch, Spritual Beggars to name a few. Finland... Well, Amorphis Korpiiklani, Sonata Arctica are quite good. Also, don't forget the great prog from Sweden ( The Flower Kings, Kaipa, Ritual etc.)

Finland, because that's where most folk metal comes from (Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Ensiferum, Turisas....)

You always have periods where a scene, or movement pops up every few years. Finland, around 2001, really started coming out of the woodwork the next few years. Think about this....Tampa had a few years, with Death metal, Seattle with their grunge, then Black Metal was mostly Norwegian, then Sweden, with their brand of melodic Death. What happens, is they all started a sound that was new, and pretty much unheard of...unique creativity. I like it all, but here's some more Finnish greats..
INSOMNIUM
Throes of Dawn
Omnium Gatherum
FARMAKON-(if you'd like your Opeth to be weirder, and jazzier..)
Kalmah
Sentenced-can't say North From Here album doesn't slay!!
Rapture-these guys are THE most overlooked band ever(old Katatonia sound)
Shape of Despair
Speaking of Swede bands, I wish Rosicrucian were still around!