Sweden vs Finland

What do you think?

• Finland

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Sweden

Votes: 55 69.6%

• Total voters
I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard that song or whatever it is.

Finnish lyricists tend to make a lot of grammatical mistakes, this is because finnish grammar is very different from english grammar. Seriously, I've tried to learn that language, although not very hard, but the grammar is insane.

It was a joke. :p

Better grammar? I totally disagree... "The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired...)" alone should prove your statement false!

The grammar of that is pretty immaculate imo. If you make the part in parentheses part of the title as a whole, you get a rather cohesive sentence (though long).

There are some old school Finnish death metal bands that I hold in way higher regard than pretty much all Swedish death metal bands. Sweden seems to have produced a lot more acclaimed osdm bands but I think Finland nearly makes up for that in terms of the quality of their osdm. That said, Sweden did produce Dawn and Sacramentum, some of my favorite black metal shit. Sweden and Finland have produced their fair share of utter crap since about the mid-90s.

Ah shit, I forgot about Bathory and early At the Gates. I guess that pretty much tips the scales in favor of Sweden for me.

Sweeden but questionable
Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, In Flames>Norther,Kalmah,COB
But you guys aren't taking power metal into account
Sweeden=Axenstar,Hammerfall,Falconer,Nocturnal Rites, LOST HORIZON!!
Finland=SonataArctica,Nightwish,Celesty,Stratorvarious,Sinergy,Lordi,Wintersun
and then theirs Opeth, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy for Sweeden so my vote goes to them but not by much

Sweeden but questionable
Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, In Flames>Norther,Kalmah,COB
But you guys aren't taking power metal into account
Sweeden=Axenstar,Hammerfall,Falconer,Nocturnal Rites, LOST HORIZON!!
Finland=SonataArctica,Nightwish,Celesty,Stratorvarious,Sinergy,Lordi,Wintersun
and then theirs Opeth, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy for Sweeden so my vote goes to them but not by much

ur gay.

Dawn...aahhh...Slaughtersun-Crown of the Triarchy, is the best Swedish Black metal album. To me, yes even more than the mighty Dissection Storm of the Lights Bane album.

Sweden winning by a long margin.
I voted for finland...mainly because of their folk/pagan and melo-death scene.
The atmosphere around their music just seems better...although its rare to find stand out vocalists like for example, opeth's and PoS vocalists.
Plus they also have Apocalyptica.(+1 for epicness :p)

Sweden just have more quality/stand out bands i guess.

The grammar of that is pretty immaculate imo. If you make the part in parentheses part of the title as a whole, you get a rather cohesive sentence (though long).

I was referring more to the lyrics of the song tbh. It seems weird to me....but then again, why would I be a reference in English now...?

let's see:

Finnland:

+ Unholy
+ Skepticism
+ Amorphis
+ Thergothon
+ Dolorian
+ Beherit
+ Moonsorrow
+ Sentenced
+ Tenhi
+ Demilich