Sweep Picking

stuckx

Metalhead
Apr 20, 2003
Quebec, Canada
www.wes44.com
Hey guys

i wanna know whats the best way to learn how to sweep.. have any good exemple of easy sweep? im trying the sweep this sweep... dunno if its good to starts

[---------------------------12-17_12--------------------------------14-]
[--15_b17-r15\-----------13------p---13--------------------------15----]
[*----------sl--------14----------------14--------------------16------*]Gtr
[*-----------------14----------------------14--------------16---------*]III
[------------12_15----------------------------15-12\14--17-------------]
[--------------h----------------------------------sl-------------------]

(in flames brush the dust away)....

please help me :p

dude, start with 3 strings first, that little part in Silent night... is perfect

yea what he said, and get the motion down w/ sweeps that dont involve rolling your finger, i'll post some sweeps later

bobs right on this one bro! fuck the neck pickup and grow some testicles! play on the bridge long enough and you wont need a neck pup to cover up or smooth things out...its balls to the wall man!

learn how to do it perfectly clean with the bridge pickup and then if you want you can switch to the neck just for the different sound.

Wow, so using the bridge pickup for everything is a statement of manliness now huh? Forget the fact that it sounds better than the bridge pickup on solos because it doesn't have as much picking noise, or the fact that it doesn't cover up your mistakes if they're obvious enough. Neck pickups are useful, every good guitarist I've seen uses them except Alexi.

yup its hard to sweep well on fr bridges, and forget about distorion, practise unplugged, then plug it and see the progress. :p grow some balls and use bridge pup fella

btw try to remember about the picking style, its economy there not alternative, I think :p correct me if Im wrong