Sweetest leads/solos

Stormrider586

From Here to Death...
Aug 31, 2002
South Jersey
I'm somewhat new to this place, so if this has been done before, sorry.
But what In Flames tunes have your favorite leads and/or solos? The parts that just make you go...damn...thats nice. For me...Another Day In Quicksand(beginning of solo), Suburban Me, Wayfarer(ending solo), Moonshield(2nd main lead), Episode 666(breakdown-ish part). There are more if I listen...but those are my favorites.

all of moonshield, the main lead melody from artifacts of the black rain and jotun \m/ the killer riff from colony, the main riff from pinball map and finally the 1st lead and especially the solo from december flower, theres probablly more but this will do for now.

zombie inc is great. i also like wayfearer and another day in quicksand solos

Surburban Me has an amazing solo, and the lead is great too. Some others would be Swim's lead, Jotun's lead, Zombie Inc.'s solo, Moonshield's acoustic opening, Coerced Coexsistence's solo, and the little wa-wa thing in Jester Script Transfigured.

BUT......

The king of all leads, Biosphere!!!! :headbang:

Dead Eternity and Swim both have great intros, same with Behind Space and Upon an Oaken Throne. Suburban Me is a great solo, so is December Flower.

Steve

Even though these are technically rhythms, not leads, i'll pick my favorites from these:

JOTUN (it's obvious which riff i'm referring to)
Dead God in Me (first metal song i ever heard, btw)
Graveland (both main rhythms)
Swim
Land of Confusion (that quiet thing in the middle)
Stand Ablaze (the solo, and the only lead on this list)

MAN MADE GOD. ALL OF IT.

Also, for some reason the entire song Ordinary Story totally owns me. Especially that little keyboard stuff. Damn that song rules.

Also...Swim has a pretty nuts main melody thats also pretty inventive and melodic.

Yeah The Hive has an awesome solo, I love the tapping part in it. Coerced Coexistence is of equal awesomeness, and then there's the melodies in Artifacts Of The Black Rain, the lead in The Jester Race rules, and for pure shred, listen to Upon An Oaken Throne (one of the best In Flames songs, bar none). I never thought of In Flames as a really solo crazy band though. They did more leads in their earlier days like on Lunar Strain and The Jester Race and Whoracle has The Hive of course...they seem to focus more on melodic, harmonized lines that I wouldn't really consider solos but they sound amazing.