Perfect moments of music?

from the stuff i listened to last few days:

Katatonia, the chorus of 'July'
Madder Mortem 'Hangman', from 3:01 till the end
Alchemist 'Tide In, Mind Out', the buildup of this song is incredible
Hollenthon 'Eclipse - Vita Nova', when the gregorian chants start. epic!!!
Opeth 'Karma', the '...i have gone away...' part

NineFeetUnderground said:
the beach boys - god only knows: 2:05 - 2:40 (vocal harmony on a whole new level)

I genuinely can't believe this wasn't the first thing I thought of. To me, that is the most musically perfect thing to ever emerge (perhaps outwith classical music). It's just flawless. the whole song is flawless, and then that part just destroys everything IMO. Great, great choice :D

*Goes to listen to that song for the first time in AGES*

Opeth Harvest : Solo !!

Master of puppetz : Ze Bridge section solo ! I ve listend to this soooo many times !!!

Pink Floyd : The Beginning of US & Them

The Free Bird end section when the Solo Starts !!

Beatles : A Day In The Life : The song I would send to ETs to present the human race !

The Main Theme by Hans Zimmer for The Thin Red Line

THe SRV cover of Little Wing is the proof that a higher power is above us !

The calm part in the third song on the Tool Aenima's album !

THe solo section on Lines in the Sand by DT !

The Beginning of Bravado on Rush in Rio gives me shivers everytime

Alice in Chains the intro to the rooster

The Intro to Where the Streets have no Name by U2 : it doesn't get more epic than that !!! Better in a 80 000 capacity stadium !

And lots and lots others !

The outro to Sinead O' Connor's cover of ABBA's "Chiquitita". Real drums over a drum sample with the keyboard riff from ABBA's originial and on top of all this gorgeousness are some guitar harmonics that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

The outro to Willie Nelson's "I'm Falling in Love Again" from his classic Phases and Stages record. Bobbie Nelson's soft piano with an almost unearthly and tearful violin playing over it. Perfect.

From about 1:00-3:45 of Rush - The Necromancer

Holy shit I can't stop listening to this. Fucking Perfect.

Right, the first song that sprang to my mind was in fact "Inherit the earth" by Borknagar, 2:52 - 4:25:

1. beautiful harmony vocals
2. cool instrumental bridge with that jazzy feeling
3. outstanding lead vocals by Vintersorg:
"Past, present and future
Angels of thrice, fusion twice
Past, present and fierce"

The section in 'Paranoid Android' by Radiohead, where it mellows out, and then Thom Yorke starts the 'rain, down, rain down' etc. Anyone familiar with the song will know exactly the passage I'm talking about.

That's also perfect.

sister ophelia said:
Right, the first song that sprang to my mind was in fact "Inherit the earth" by Borknagar, 2:52 - 4:25:

1. beautiful harmony vocals
2. cool instrumental bridge with that jazzy feeling
3. outstanding lead vocals by Vintersorg:
"Past, present and future
Angels of thrice, fusion twice
Past, present and fierce"

you mean jazz influences?

illidurit said:
beatles - a day in the life, the ahhhhhhhhhhh ah ah ahhhh part after paul's section

camel - air born, the cadence at around 4:05 followed by the vocals with the mellotron backing

beatles - something, guitar solo

beatles - the end, "and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" until the end

Some freakin good choices there man!!!
A big change from the throw-away comments I often see from you...

@=NoBigDeal=@ said:
Opeth - the final part in Black Rose Immortal. The mellow section which leads to the ultimate final growl is totally epic stuff. The outro is perfect as well.

This is so wierd, but that's exactly what I just listened to seconds before I got on my computer and came to this thread. And yep, I was thinking, wow, that's pretty amazing.

Right now I also like these:

Track 32 off of Death's Design by Diabolical Masquerade. That one gives me chills. (Not to mention the album is utterly brilliant)

And there are multiple moments off of Katatonia's latest masterpiece, not to mention in Omerta off of Viva Emptiness. Some perfect moments there, to be sure.

Mine is Pers intro to "A Fair Judgement" cos I know what is to follow and the outro after Mike sings Heeeraa.

The live Lamentations version, purely for selfish personal reasons. :oops:

See below...

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/uk/cases/UKHL/1997/19.html&query=mannai&method=all

This IMO "Unfair judgement" radically altered my lifestyle.

Do you think it was the right or wrong decision ppl ? A majority of one!!

I would like to set up a poll but i dunno how to. :( + it's not Opeth related apart from the effect it's had on a loyal Opethian, I hope this doesn't happen to any others, Opethian or not.

I hope you don't mind, "Mike n Anna," Mr Samsara, do you?

I have 3 years to challenge this if I can find the means to proceed. :erk:

Edit: A bit of mental exercise for you, PM me your verdict rather that clutter up this potentially interesting thread guys :) Thanks.