SY-X Fans...Just curious..What do you do for a living!!

By title I am a Data Center Supervisor, but the job is really a jack of all trades IT position. Everything from system administration, desktop support, network, to running the help desk. This is all within the card payment industry

www.tgatepayments.com

I've probably answered this before, but I'm just a student at the moment. Geomatics engineering, MSc. It's kind of nerd field of surveying and what I study is closely related to constructing accurate 3D-models of real environment/objects and measuring stuff by using pictures and other scanning methods such as laser, spectrometers and radars. Data can be produced with a handheld device or even something mounted on a satellite.

My future employer will probably be from infrastructure, media, consulting or software industry.

I have a bachelor's degree in informatics. Gonna continue studies after summer or something.
Until then, sitting on my ass gaming, like I wrote.

On a more serious note, I'm currently a business administration student specializing in SMBs (small and medium businesses) and a translator working with three languages.

Manage a team of engineers and mathematicians who design algorithms and software for a high-technology company.

constructing accurate 3D-models of real environment/objects and measuring stuff by using pictures and other scanning methods such as laser, spectrometers and radars. Data can be produced with a handheld device or even something mounted on a satellite.

My future employer will probably be from infrastructure, media, consulting or software industry

You're guys are both Iconoclasters :lol:

Now I know who to blame when the machine apocalypse starts!

Don't you realize?

They are bastards of the machine

Enslaved and hypnotized

Chained to artificial lives

They are the Bastards of the Machine

Bastards of the Machine

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:: kickass::kickass:

Working as a teaching assistant on Biochemistry while my thesis for a licentiate on Microbiology and Clinical Laboratory is done.
I also play guitar and keyboards in cover bands. I´ve made good money from them lately, which I spend on new gear and beer :p

I race cars, fondle women and I am my own boss. IN my dreams.
I am an outpatient therapist, masters level psychologist here in MI. I work full time at local community mental health agency and part time at a hospital.

I can understand why AT&T would change name.
I'm not in USA and I can't really name any other American telecom company, but even I know of their reputation.

There's kind of a backstory to that, and I'm not being more specific in case this knowledge isn't public.

Anyway, you all have some very interesting jobs. A lot of scientists among us here.

You're guys are both Iconoclasters :lol:

Now I know who to blame when the machine apocalypse starts!

Actually, one of our main areas of research is literally called "machine learning", and I'm considering switching jobs and working for one of the local robotics companies.

But the biological stuff scares me way more than robots. At least you can "stand and fight" the machines.

one of our main areas of research is literally called "machine learning"

The news on "Smart" software is more terrifing. The other day i read "tech man gives computer Civ 2 manual and it learns to play the game" and I literally see Robocop on a desk reading the damn thing... they go too crazy about this stuff and it's not as they say on the headlines...

Or am I wrong?

But the biological stuff scares me way more than robots. At least you can "stand and fight" the machines.

100% agredd. I wrecked my HP deskjet once, and a RockTron amp that gave me shock while I played. Who's the boss now?

But don't show me a Spider. Or a balls cancer. I get dizzy just by typing this stuff...

My field gives killer robots their vision! Google "3D Flash LIDAR" if you want to know about real and working terminator technology.

My toaster told me they are planning something big soon.