Symphony X by choir

Cardhago

New Metal Member
May 23, 2004
Joensuu, Finland
Hello everybody!

I'm a musician from Joensuu, Finland and I sing in the local university choir. This spring I had the opportunity to arrange some music for the choir and I couldn't resist picking a SyX song :) I gave thought to different tunes, and finally selected "Whispers", which already contained great choir moments...

We performed the song in our annual spring concert before over 400 people. I wanted the verses to be sung by a guy I know but the choir forced me to sing them myself... what can I do :) Try not to mind my voice.

I managed to make a decent recording of the concert and the song is now available for all. Download the song at
http://mbnet.fi/card/joykuoro/joykuoro-whispers.mp3
and tell me what you think. Thank you very much.

- Olli Hurskainen aka Cardhago

This is so incredible. I think this should be included in fan club materials somewhere.....if (at least) linked on the newsletter. Your work and all the singers' is something special. Man, thanks for that surprise!! MORE, MORE!!!!

GonGon PMed me on another forum to tell me to check this out...
...it's gorgeous! Very beautiful, intense and emotional work.
I'm going to show this to a bunch of other people as well. Keep up the good work!

We have feedback from the band..Russ says:

Wow,

I was moved by the performance. It has been a long time since I heard that song and what a difference to hear it sung by a real choir. I used to be in choir back in school and that brought back momories for me hehe ;)

Great job!

Cheers,

Russell Allen

Brilliant dude! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The arrangement is very nice, and the choir does sound great too. Would have been worth a better recording, but that actually doesn't matter. Besides, what about your voice? I thought it is cool with the choir in the back.
It would be so cool, if SyX got the chance of performing with a real full-size orchestra and a choir someday.

:worship:

ambassador kosh said:
It would be so cool, if SyX got the chance of performing with a real full-size orchestra and a choir someday.

:worship:
Now *that* would be something to see and experience!! I would pay big bucks too see that. DVD!! DVD !!!! DVD!!!! :hotjump:

BTW, I have to say, this is simply awesome. I've always loved this song, & this just gives me chills..well done. :)

Hehe, I'm glad people - especially Russell - find our version touching :) and only a few of the singers have heard the original... :)

I also arranged "Follow Me" by Royal Hunt for the concert... if you're into them, I recommend it :)

http://mbnet.fi/card/joykuoro/joykuoro-follow_me.mp3

I won't be making any SyX arrangements for a while (their songs are generally not very friendly choir-wise, hehe) but since people almost beg for more... well, "Candlelight Fantasia" or "Lady of The Snow" would be doable, hehe... I'll think about it next year... :D

However, I will arrange "Christmas Day" by Shadow Gallery for our Christmas concert... stay tuned for that... :cool:

-oh

Cardhago said:
I won't be making any SyX arrangements for a while (their songs are generally not very friendly choir-wise, hehe) but since people almost beg for more... well, "Candlelight Fantasia" or "Lady of The Snow" would be doable, hehe... I'll think about it next year... :D
You can't forget the easiest one to do....The intro to Divine Wings :)