Symphony X invites...

Hulk7

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2002
Paris
Visit site
Hi everybody!
I've been checking this forum everyday for quite a while but when it comes to posting... i'm a complete newbie.
Well, here goes :

If Symphony X would invite a musician and/or a singer to contribute in their upcomming album(s), who would you want them to be???

My first thoughts :
- Neo classical explosion between M. Romeo and Turilli or Stephan Forté ;
- Bruce Dickinson / Dio / a heavy metal female voice with Sir Russel

What do you think?

ps : sorry if this has already been discussed :p

Manga-San said:
Michael Romeo/John Petrucci guitar duels...

*Creams pants...*

Guys stop it seriously!!!That would be fuckin' awesome... I'd have to wear diapers to that concert!!! :hotjump: Can you imagine them playing some kind of gritty 25 min. medley??? :hotjump:

Hansi Kursch dueting w/ Russel on one song.....and Tobias fucking Sammet on another!!!

OR........an awesome vocal epic with Russ, Hansi, AND Tobias!!!! Oh my god i would fucking die :OMG:

Floor Jensen and Russell would be cool, no doubt :)
Or that guy Damian who also sang on the Star One-album.. Call me crazy, but I like his voice...

he draws his powers from afar... BUILT A GATEWAY TO THE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS...........

Honestly, I don't think SyX needs anyone to lend anything to their music/albums. It always seemed to me that special guests were brought into a project to enhance the project in some way, whether it be name recognition for a lesser known band, or to add an element that the band themselves can't provide (like orchestration; MJR with Redemption). I think the guys in SyX are completely capable of handling all aspects. The only one that I would think would be considerable would be a femal vocalist in a duet with Russell, but mainly for an accent, like in Nevermore's "Dreaming Neon Black".

Imagine a stage.
4 drumset.
4 persons.
And suddenly Jason Rullo, Mike Portnoy, Virgil Donati and Steve Smith enters. In one hour these guys playing the craziest, sickest, ultra amazing, awesome drumbattle!
God, thats just to much :loco:

SyX-Fan said:
Floor Jensen and Russell would be cool, no doubt :)
Or that guy Damian who also sang on the Star One-album.. Call me crazy, but I like his voice...

he draws his powers from afar... BUILT A GATEWAY TO THE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS...........

headbob.gif
Of course you're not crazy. He has a great voice...it just might take a little getting used to (it did for me). And his voice is so different from Russell's that they play off each other perfectly. I'd love to hear the two of them work together again.

What do ya all thing about this ?
Another album more like V , and guests :
Tarja from Nightwish and Daniel Gildenlow from Pain of Salvation !!
I'm fuckin' AROUSED from it !!! :dopey:

To tell you the truth, none of that sounds appealing to me. I'm a huge DT and a huge SX fan, but John Petrucci and Mike Romeo together? Meh...

It doesn't fit too well. I'd kinda like to hear Yngwie on their more neoclassical stuff. That'd be kinda cool for a song or two, but other than that, I like SX how it is.

Perhaps Rudess vs. Romeo for the key/guitar duels, too.

a full orchestra+symphony x for the odyssey and stephen hawking on backing vocals :p. imagine.....she saaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiid...:)