Symphony X Marks The Spot!

Love this topic... :cool: Symphony X is one of the greatest bands out there and the 2 times I saw them live belong to the best moments in my life! I cannot say that I like ALL their songs, but (apart from their debut) all albums are classics... And V is simply the best album EVER made. :Spin:

There are two bands that I listen to: Dream Theater (and its many versions
thereof) and Symphony X. I have almost all of their CDs (I'm missing one
from both bands) and I've reduced them down to mp3 so that I can take
them anywhere and everywhere (in the lab, in the car, on the bike, etc.). I -
literally - go nowhere without them.

Don't get me wrong, I do 'hear' alot of music - but if asked what two bands I
listen to, it's them.

And not only listening to the music, but when you are playing along with it, no matter what instrument you play you really realize how much thought they have put into it, ah just a great feeling.

I don't know if ANYONE will ever know how much these 5 wonderful men, and their music mean to me......:cry: But I just want to say,, "thanx for all the great music that has kept me goin' these past years, through the good times and especially the bad..."
I love ya all w/all my heart and will always be here for you all, for you was there for me when I needed you! Even if you didn't know you was..:)

Keep Rockin' guys!!!!! :worship:

I Just Joined The Board Today...Greetings To You All!

I Just Wanted To Say It Makes Me Very Happy To See All Of The Praises
For Symphony X...I Am Quite Friendly With One Of The Members...
And Although I Don't Get Involved With The Band...I Can Certainly...
And I Will Let Him Know How Cool Everyone On This Board Has Been To Them.

They Deserve To Know!

Feel Free To PM Me Anytime!

And Keep Metal Alive!!!

Symphony X will always be my die hard number 1 band. The respect I have for them as musicians is infinate, they are pure genius. Plenty of music out there is good or sometimes even great but SyX just has that little extra something that touches my soul and outlives everything (I rate Opeth almost as high but SyX still wins out).

I'm so glad to have found the music and this forum for this is the one place that I know everyone else understands my passion for it because they feel exactly the same way. Also we mostly seem to have this sense of metal family among the board, we look out for each other and mostly respect each others opinions, its a great feeling.

Enough blabbering.. *sniff* i love you guys *sniff* lol.

SR wrote
I'm so glad to have found the music and this forum for this is the one place that I know everyone else understands my passion for it because they feel exactly the same way. Also we mostly seem to have this sense of metal family among the board, we look out for each other and mostly respect each others opinions, its a great feeling.

At the risk of sounding Tasmanian....have you ever considered sleeping with a family member?

Seriously though....Symphony X are pretty cool. The Odyssey is one of my all time fave albums and SX are in my top 20 bands of all time....i probably don't rate them as high as most of you guys......no one is gonna cure my blind prejudice for Roth era Van Halen but they are they are the first band my boy actually likes and can recognise (he calls The Odyssey 'pirate music' and when we learn the alphabet T is for Toy Story, U is for Ugly, V is for Vegemite, W is for Wiggles and X is for Symphony X....which yes, its technically incorrect but fuck off). So they are both musical and an important educational learning tool.

The Vampire Lestat said:
I Just Joined The Board Today...Greetings To You All!

I Just Wanted To Say It Makes Me Very Happy To See All Of The Praises
For Symphony X...I Am Quite Friendly With One Of The Members...
And Although I Don't Get Involved With The Band...I Can Certainly...
And I Will Let Him Know How Cool Everyone On This Board Has Been To Them.

They Deserve To Know!

Feel Free To PM Me Anytime!

And Keep Metal Alive!!!

HEY YOU!!!!

Its nice to see you finally joined us.:D
I remember chating w/you when I 1st joined these boards.
Anyways great to see ya here.. Its about time. hehe!:err: :wave:

Taliwakker said:
SR wrote

At the risk of sounding Tasmanian....have you ever considered sleeping with a family member?

Seriously though....Symphony X are pretty cool. The Odyssey is one of my all time fave albums and SX are in my top 20 bands of all time....i probably don't rate them as high as most of you guys......no one is gonna cure my blind prejudice for Roth era Van Halen but they are they are the first band my boy actually likes and can recognise (he calls The Odyssey 'pirate music' and when we learn the alphabet T is for Toy Story, U is for Ugly, V is for Vegemite, W is for Wiggles and X is for Symphony X....which yes, its technically incorrect but fuck off). So they are both musical and an important educational learning tool.
I am with you in the fact that i don't have the blind devotion which many here have. Hell, i don't even listen to the band much anymore, though i do appreciate them for what they are: Very tallented musicians. As far as this goes, it isn't that i have no respect for SymX, it's just that there are other bands i like more. Plus, i hear so much music that very few bands really intrigue me anymoe. Anyway, big Hails to the band for being one of the first that i clung on to as a favorite. \m/

Pharoah said:
You nailed it, PS.

My son leaves for his 1st year of college in August and I hope out of 850 Freshmen, he will find a few SymX and Prog metal fans there.
If not, I'm sure he will tune some in to them.

Where is your son going to school?

SilentRealm said:
Symphony X will always be my die hard number 1 band. The respect I have for them as musicians is infinate, they are pure genius. Plenty of music out there is good or sometimes even great but SyX just has that little extra something that touches my soul and outlives everything (I rate Opeth almost as high but SyX still wins out).

Amen to that!!! and welcome The Vampire Lestat :)