Symphony X on... Verizon phones?

The Yngster

Jun 7, 2002
New York, USA
Visit site
My friend just got a new Verizon phone and it has a feature where you can watch pretty high quality video on the phone. He was searching through all the things you can watch and one of the options was to watch concerts, and out of the 5 concerts you could watch, one was Symphony X from the Irvine show last week! They had Sea of Lies, Sins and Shadows, and Wicked all right there to watch on his phone. The camera work was pretty good, so I don't know if they're gathering footage for the DVD, but either way it was pretty sweet and random to find their concert footage there

Lol, it only takes one metal fan for something like this to happen. The guy in charge of this service must be a SX fan. Reminds me of the DJ for the Spurs Basketball team. He plays Metropolis. Pt 1 at every game.

Yeah! I noticed the same thing watching the playoff finals. I couldn't believe hearing DT at this worldwide event. The first time I thought I was hallucinating sounds or something, I was like "Was that Metropolis Pt.1 in the background??... Naahhh... ":p
I thought that it fitted perfectly, giving it a great atmosphere.

The Yngster said:
My friend just got a new Verizon phone and it has a feature where you can watch pretty high quality video on the phone. He was searching through all the things you can watch and one of the options was to watch concerts, and out of the 5 concerts you could watch, one was Symphony X from the Irvine show last week! They had Sea of Lies, Sins and Shadows, and Wicked all right there to watch on his phone. The camera work was pretty good, so I don't know if they're gathering footage for the DVD, but either way it was pretty sweet and random to find their concert footage there

What kind of phone was this?

Something similar happens at the RAI TV in Italy, where a guy that loves Dream Theater plays their songs during a news broadcast.
A SymphonyX' DVD? I'd love it!!!

soundgarden said:
Lol, it only takes one metal fan for something like this to happen. The guy in charge of this service must be a SX fan. Reminds me of the DJ for the Spurs Basketball team. He plays Metropolis. Pt 1 at every game.

The New York Rangers were playing Metropolis Pt 1 yeeeaaars ago when they hit the ice at MSG. I don't know the name of the song on SFAM that has a similar melody line/intro as Pt 1, but the Rangers have used that one too. If you pay attention, you will hear a lot of interesting songs at sporting events!

I'm curious to know which phone he has also, since I'll be in the market for a new one in less than 3 months...

L. Knight said:
Yeah! I noticed the same thing watching the playoff finals. I couldn't believe hearing DT at this worldwide event. The first time I thought I was hallucinating sounds or something, I was like "Was that Metropolis Pt.1 in the background??... Naahhh... ":p
I thought that it fitted perfectly, giving it a great atmosphere.

yeah me too. I was absolutely surprised they even knew who DT was. They played Metropolis pt. 1 and Overture 1928 (the metropolis sounding one off SFAM).

I think the sacramento kings play a lot of old school metal songs too. I've heard metallica on their a few times.

As for the verizon phone video, is it possible for you guys to upload the footage?

I think the bigger shocker in the NBA Finals was hearing the spurs come out to Nightwish's - Planet Hell. Dream Theater sold 652,000 copies of Images and words, their a fairly household name, but NIGHTWISH... I almost creamed myself when I heard it!