Symphony X openers???

Riceloft said:
Kamelot
Pain of Salvation
Kamelot fits much better though.

that would be AMAZING. either one of them. i dont think PoS is coming back to the US any time soon though... plus, if Roy Khan gets anything going again with Conception, that might rule out Kamelot.

I would be in heaven if either Pagan's Mind or Circus Maximus opened. I also think Adagio or Zero Hour would be good choices. Adagio should have their new album out by the end of the year just a few months before the new SX album. Zero Hour has a new album that is on its way to my house as I type this! :) I know they're planning on touring early in 2006 and would love to open for SX. Whoever opens I'm sure they will kill.

II=I said:
I would be in heaven if either Pagan's Mind or Circus Maximus opened. I also think Adagio or Zero Hour would be good choices. Adagio should have their new album out by the end of the year just a few months before the new SX album. Zero Hour has a new album that is on its way to my house as I type this! :) I know they're planning on touring early in 2006 and would love to open for SX. Whoever opens I'm sure they will kill.

Adagio's frontman is just horrible. Totally ruined a great band. Their music kicks ass though!

rockyracoon said:
Adagio's frontman is just horrible. Totally ruined a great band. Their music kicks ass though!
i was just watching adagio's seven lands of sin live video with Gus and i think he has a good voice,but sometimes when he tries to copy readman's voice he fuckes up.Adagio opening for Sx would be a dream come true

I don't think Kamelot would open for Symphony X honestly. I think it would be the other way around. And what is with all this talk about Khan leaving Kamelot for Conception. It ain't going to happen. They had their little reunion and that was that.

And to the question at hand, I would like Pagan's Mind as the opener. Or even Jorn Lande. Russell could join him for some Battle songs.

I agree. Kamelot opening for Symphony X sounds unlikely. Co-headlining makes more sense to me. I find that opening bands aren't necessarily worse, they just have a smaller fanbase. That being said, Circus Maximus would be a great idea. So would Manticora, sicne I missed them at ProgPower.

speedy1383 said:
I don't think Kamelot would open for Symphony X honestly. I think it would be the other way around. And what is with all this talk about Khan leaving Kamelot for Conception. It ain't going to happen. They had their little reunion and that was that.
What in the world are you talking about? Kamelot doesn't have the proven fanbase to do any kind of US tour. They have like 3-4 dates planned here cause thats all the promoters would give them. Symphony X has been through the US a few times now, plus Gigantour... the promoters will book them, obviously Kamelot would open.

speedy1383 said:

well im pretty sure they havent ruled out more Conception.

RequiemX said:
Why waste time with an opening band? How about a Dream Theater-style 4-hour set of DOOOOM!!! \m/
That should go without saying! I would fucking DIE if I saw a 4 hour set of Symphony X! That would most definitely be a set of DOOOOM! Yeah! Screw the openers! (Unless it was my band! :D )