Symphony X openers???

coolsnow7 said:
In case no one mentioned this already, at Gigantour (in NJ) Russell said they had plans to tour the US after the new album, sometime in the spring. And anyone who wants Dream Theater along with them hasn't been to a Dream Theater concert. Boring as fuck, and I'm a huge fan.

I think most were aware of their plans to tour, hence the thread. And I saw DT on Gigantour and enjoyed it. I knew their setlist would be a little predictable, which it kinda was. I really only like seeing them tour on their own. That being said, I would love to see a DT/SX show somewhere down the line. At the very least, it would be great just to prove to all those non-believers that there is no bad blood between the two bands.

rockyracoon said:
I think most were aware of their plans to tour, hence the thread. And I saw DT on Gigantour and enjoyed it. I knew their setlist would be a little predictable, which it kinda was. I really only like seeing them tour on their own. That being said, I would love to see a DT/SX show somewhere down the line. At the very least, it would be great just to prove to all those non-believers that there is no bad blood between the two bands.
Anybody who knows Symphony X like everyone here on the forum knew how predictable the Gigantour set was gonna be. (I still would've loved to see Pharaoh live though.)
I think it's smart to try and steer away from the idea of a SX/DT tour, because I think we've all seen my earlier idea. :devil: And it was established clearly at the closing of the million SX vs. DT threads that there is no bad blood between the 2 Prog Monsters.

Adagio. Their new album's coming out in a month, so why don't they just tour with the X that is Symphony?

Seeing Symphony X Do a Tour with Dream Theater would end alot of battles, but it cane asily start many too, always remember there sis ome loser looking to pick a fight! Seeing Symphony X have a huge/excellent set list, than seeing DT having the same, than they go in on eachothers songs ever so often! get Rullo to play with DT, Pourtnoy with Symp X. Allen and Labrie singing together, duets man! Would be fucking sweet! They play Death of Balance than just before Lacrymosa (or Candlelight hehe) kicks in petrucci and Romeo go back and foruth ripping it up! Spot light on romeo, romeo rips it up, Spot light off of romeo and on EPtrucci, petrucci rips it up! They keep doing this untill finnaly they play something together and the next part kicks iN! Would be fucking amazing

Though I do like Opeth, I wouldnt want to see them opening for SX, but rather in a headlining spot of their own...

I really do hope when SX tours that they dont do any of that local band opener bullshit. No offense to local bands looking for a break, but im really looking for SX to tour with an established opening band that will compliment them nicely and give the tour a little more credibility...

Into Eternity opening for Symphony X would be so amazing that I would be even better than the time I guest starred on Scooby Doo!!! *cuts to a funny clip like they do In Family Guy.*