Symphony X openers???

Meedleyx10 said:
i think it would be really cool if they lined up local bands in each city to open for them. It would save the band a lot of money and give exposure to some cool unknown bands

Some venues do this anyway, regardless of if there is a touring opener or not.

ptah knemu said:
If the new cd is coming out in december, maybe its possible. Hell, that would be awesome!

Also, Rick, I was looking at your setup on the website, and I must say that its really a most amazing setup.

Who us or Symphony X in Dec? I wasn't waware of a Dec. release for SyX since they just got back from Gigantour. ZH just released their latest masterpiece of Sept. 20. and our material that is getting released in Dec. has already been written and very far along on the recording process. So yes, that would be awesome and we are ready. In fact, we opened for SyX about 2 years ago at Jaxx (before I was in the band, but I was there).

Thanks! I'm very happy with it as just about any semi-long timer on TEOF mailing list could attest too ;) It is very versatile, sound men love it 'cause I make their job easy and I get a lot of compliments on the tone. Nothing beats a good old-fashioned tube set up. I keep it simple for better tone and for less equipment failure, and less maintenance.

Meedleyx10 said:
i think it would be really cool if they lined up local bands in each city to open for them. It would save the band a lot of money and give exposure to some cool unknown bands
Thankfully, this tends to be the norm rather than the exception. As long as the local openers do their job, it is a win-win for everyone!

DT wouldn't open for Symphony X so that wouldn't work. I don't want Sympony X as an opener on their next tour. I want them as the headliner. Headliner=more songs. Always good.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
I'm hoping for a DT/Sym X tour :) That would be totally cool. :)
speedy1383 said:
DT wouldn't open for Symphony X so that wouldn't work. I don't want Sympony X as an opener on their next tour. I want them as the headliner. Headliner=more songs. Always good.
So it would be a SX/DT tour, not a DT/SX tour.

Hi Symphony X addicts (like me):Shedevil: :Shedevil:

I think Symphony X needs an opening band that can write more than a simple melody ending with a third or can modulate harmony other than by transposing a 2nd higher.
Royal Hunt et Adagio in this case would make perfect candidates.

Maestro Pero:devil: :devil: :devil:

I saw Symphony X in Montreal Canada last year. The opening act was somekind of a death metal band and the other was Devin townshend band. Please. I go to a Symphony X concert to hear art, virtuosity, genius, and sound quality. I was pretty much deceived by the opening:yell: .

I heard that the same phenomena happened in september. You have Megadeth, Dream Theater and Symphony X (three great bands):headbang: . Then, you have.....well you know:confused: .

Perhaps my devotion to Symphony X is too much???:devil:

Maestro Pero

PS: I do like power metal, alternative, death and the others. But it is not a good teaser for a Symphony X concert:loco: .

Did I hear Shadow Gallery's name being mentioned? Whoa - some show that'd be, but then the two styles would be too similar for it to work. Pity though.
Kamelot or Evergrey would provide the much needed contrast to Symphony X's sound, without going too far off the prog path.
Then again, there's always Threshold, Pagan's Mind, Vanden Plas, Ra, or Dragonforce who could fit the bill - although in Threshold's mind, they'd probably consider themselves the equal of Symphony X, and want co-headline status.

maestro pero said:
I saw Symphony X in Montreal Canada last year. The opening act was somekind of a death metal band and the other was Devin townshend band. Please. I go to a Symphony X concert to hear art, virtuosity, genius, and sound quality. I was pretty much deceived by the opening:yell: .

I saw them three times on that tour, and I have to agree. Devin Townsend is a cool guy, but I really can't get into his music. He was not a good choice to open for Symphony X.