Symphony X openers???

If not Circus Maximus then Andromeda.

Hehe, this is list your favourite band that has a smaller fanbase than SymX ;)

Dark Empire ;)

But on a serious note, I'd like to see a band thats a slightly different sound than SymX. Why book a SymX clone to open for SymX? Maybe a band with death/black vocals, like Ensiferum, or a band thats more straightforward heavy metal, like Iron Savior.

Now that I think about it, an opener would be pretty crazy- wait. an even better idea. Symphony X on tour with Dream Theater! Each band having a 4 hour set each!!!! You cant possibly tell me that wouldnt be an insane show! Hearing freaking Octavarium, Divine Wings, AND the Odyssey, all in their entirety! And what the hell? Let's throw in the entire disc 2 of Six Degrees?

ptah knemu said:
Now that I think about it, an opener would be pretty crazy- wait. an even better idea. Symphony X on tour with Dream Theater! Each band having a 4 hour set each!!!! You cant possibly tell me that wouldnt be an insane show! Hearing freaking Octavarium, Divine Wings, AND the Odyssey, all in their entirety! And what the hell? Let's throw in the entire disc 2 of Six Degrees?

I've heard of cover charges at clubs, but this one may require a blanket and a pillow fee!!

Glenn

Hah. I don't think anyone would be doin any sleepin at a show like that. Also, I think that a show like that would just cause the building to collapse. I was just being me, getting lost in my imagination for a little bit.

Yngvai X said:
Dark Empire ;)

But on a serious note, I'd like to see a band thats a slightly different sound than SymX. Why book a SymX clone to open for SymX? Maybe a band with death/black vocals, like Ensiferum, or a band thats more straightforward heavy metal, like Iron Savior.

bingo. i totally agree.

ptah knemu said:
Hah. I don't think anyone would be doin any sleepin at a show like that. Also, I think that a show like that would just cause the building to collapse. I was just being me, getting lost in my imagination for a little bit.
I'd leave after SX. No act could follow a 4 hour SX set. Its just morally wrong.

Bobaflex did an awesome cover of Glass Prison at Gigantour. Unfortunately, I was so bent on seeing Symphony X all the way up close, that I missed it to keep my up front spot at the second stage. I wouldnt mind seeing them with Symphony X on tyour though.