Symphony X openers???

Adagio. Their sound has changed from being SyX clones, and that would be one kick ass show. A Michael Romeo/Stephan Forte dual solo would be sweeeeet!!

I think Kamelot would be a great choice too.

The only album from them that I have is Sanctus Ignis, and i'll tell you, i like what i hear. I can agree with you on the whole Symphony X clone thing up to a certain point. Where i say nay, is that Sanctus Ignis at many times seems alot darker than X. Second Sight most definitely qualifies as a kick ass somg.

ptah knemu said:
The only album from them that I have is Sanctus Ignis, and i'll tell you, i like what i hear. I can agree with you on the whole Symphony X clone thing up to a certain point. Where i say nay, is that Sanctus Ignis at many times seems alot darker than X. Second Sight most definitely qualifies as a kick ass somg.

ok the problem is that the current singer for Adagio is just horribe. please refer to the PP video. im sorry, but that is a performance best left to memory. i totally love Adagio, and all their material, but shame on them and everyone who lets them off the hook for that ABSOLUTE joke of a singer. thety deserve so much better...

Who is their new singer? Where can I see the Adagio PP performance? I had not heard they bombed it at that show. I need to see this.

The singer can't possibly be too bad. I mean I don't know if anybody believes in this philosophy, but I do. My philosophy on replacing band members is that:

"The replacement should always be either as good or better than the person being replaced."

ptah knemu said:
The singer can't possibly be too bad. I mean I don't know if anybody believes in this philosophy, but I do. My philosophy on replacing band members is that:

"The replacement should always be either as good or better than the person being replaced."

With singers, this is very subjective. To my ears, every band would be 100% more awesome with Hansi Kursch on vocals :p

Yeah, you've got to be picky with openers. Avenged Sevenfold opened for BG/Sym X and AV almost got boo'd off the stage.

Yngvai X said:
With singers, this is very subjective. To my ears, every band would be 100% more awesome with Hansi Kursch on vocals :p
Hansi is the greatest singer of all time and existence. I doubt that Zeus himself can possibly sing as good as Hansi. And it is true that his legendary voice will make any band 100% better.

FigetHawk said:
Yeah, you've got to be picky with openers. Avenged Sevenfold opened for BG/Sym X and AV almost got boo'd off the stage.
Avenged Sevenfold is ehh. They would be only another shitty ass Emo band if their guitarrist wasnt pretty good. (Then again, I first heard them when I was still listening to Metallica, so now my standards have changed.) Either way, they don't deserve the honor of opening for 2 of mine and most likely everyone else's favorite bands.
And of course they were boo'd off. Sym. X and BG write and play their music like what it really is: ART. AvSf is just........ Emo. The comparison is right there. (Yeah. I pretty much frown on alot of stuff that isn't near Prog. I can't help it. I love art.)

readmans stupidity to leave Adagio!!! how the fuck would stephan find a singer to replace the old singer?the poor guy was really desperate to keep his band going!
ok ,i dont wanna continue this shit.lets just wait and see how the new album would turn out!

According to Forté, I read that Readman (pun intended) had to leave because of some serious stuff with Readman's management or company or whatever.
The new singer is Gus Monsanto (brazilian). Never heard of him before, but his audition tape was... well... an audition tape (they tend to be AWFUL).
I'm really looking forward for the third album, their previous efforts were both great, IMO.
Greetings.

petrucci_dude said:
I would kill to see either band live. Unfortunately I probably never will unless I travel overseas. :confused:
I don't know - they turned a lot of heads at PPUSA, and that's only a month or two after their debut release. I expect great things from these guys, and that means tours further afield hopefully ;)

CM sounded GREAT at Prog Power, no doubt. And they would fit well musically with SX for sure.

However, they were very boring and had no stage presence visually IMHO. They were absolutely dead on stage for the most part, and their music deserves so much more performance than that. SX on the other hand has among the BEST charisma on stage I've seen live, and the contrast would just be laughable. CM would look amateurish IMO.

CM does win the award for the most amazing moment of the whole PP event though - those vocal harmonies were AMAZING!

In case no one mentioned this already, at Gigantour (in NJ) Russell said they had plans to tour the US after the new album, sometime in the spring. And anyone who wants Dream Theater along with them hasn't been to a Dream Theater concert. Boring as fuck, and I'm a huge fan.