SymX on the Billboard Top 100 - we need your help!

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Paradise Lost comes out on Tuesday, and there's a very good possibility that we can get Symphony X on the Billboard Top 100 for the first time in their career..but we need your help.

'How do we do this, Jax?' you ask?

Go out and buy the cd next week. Tell everyone you know to go out and buy the cd next week. Buy a copy for a friend..for a relative..for your mom and dad or your kids..pass this message on to everyone you can think of..we need to sell at least 4,000 copies or so right off the bat next week for them to appear on the chart. With over 31 thousand friends on their MySpace page alone (plus mailing list members, forum members, fan club members, and countless other fans who may not even interact with the rest of us online), it should be relatively easy to help the band to make it quite a way up the chart if even half of us buy the cd next week; we can do this!

So let's do it! These guys have given us SO MUCH over the last decade-plus..one impressive album after another, countless unforgettable shows on multiple continents, and personal memories galore..let's give back to them in a big way and help them set a record; SymX on the Top 100 for the first time ever!

Also, don't forget, for those of you in and around New Jersey, the band will be at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ on June 26th (Tuesday) at 7pm for an in-store appearance to celebrate the release of Paradise Lost that day. If you're even remotely close by, stop by, buy a copy or two, and say hi to the guys!

Good question, Zach..I'll ask Gunter (the band's manager) about that & let you know what he says.

Didn't read somewhere that the internet & pre-orders don't mean squat as far as any kind of B-Board sales stats go? I'm hoping I'm wrong, and I AM old, and sometimes forgetful..... ;)

It was something relating to internet vendors vs retail outlets (large & small)
Damn, I can't even remember which forum it was discussed in......

Top 200 is what Billboard tracks.

FYE will have the version with the DVD. DVD will be in a cardboard slipcase shrink-wrapped with the die cut digipack. I stopped in to my local fye and reserved a copy right off the bat. It will be selling for $14.99 with the dvd, at least that's what they charged me for it.

Support the band!
Glenn

Didn't read somewhere that the internet & pre-orders don't mean squat as far as any kind of B-Board sales stats go? I'm hoping I'm wrong, and I AM old, and sometimes forgetful..... ;)

First thing is the vendor would have to be registered with SoundScan to report the sales data.

Second, the title being purchase would have to be registered. If the title is sold before being registered with Soundscan, then numbers will not count.

More info about SoundScan at http://www.soundscan.com

If you really want to get the band on the Billboard Top 100, everyone should buy 2 copies of the CD (or an extra one beyond whatever amount you actually need), leave one unopened, and then return it after the charts come out. Soundscan will count them...in fact I'm not even sure if Soundscan has a means of retracting stats on returns. :loco:

In all seriousness though, I think the band is pretty well poised to hit the top 100 on this album. I even get the feeling a vast % of those who DLed the album early will still purchase it when it comes out. I feel weird saying it, but prog/power metal seems to be on the brink of actually invading the mainstream to some degree. These days if you mention Symphony X fewer people look at you like you have 3 heads.

Honest talent and hard work will prevail. Personally I think Symphony X are the most incredible band on the planet. Sure, this music is not for everyone, but every bit of goodness that comes around to these guys, as well as those who have worked for them through the years, is well deserved and long overdue. I and my family offer what we can to contribute to their success. We wish them all the best in every way.