SymX shows back in the day.

Gonfeldurok

Slayer of the n00bs
Dec 13, 2003
Saugus, MA, USA
I haven't known about SymX too long in the grand scheme of things, maybe '01. So I was wondering, what was the touring like in the early days? Where did they play, what were their set lists like? Did they tour at all? All I know is what they've done post Odyssey and that one show they used for the "Edge of Forever" album. So yeah, what were their set lists like? Just wondering.

ive got a bootleg of masquerade live dude. candlelight fantasia, dressed to kill, out of the ashes, accolade, and a couple others that are pretty much regulars. so yeah they played these songs live at least.

I know when they toured for TiO they did songs like Dragon's Den, Damnation Game, etc.

The first time I saw them in support for V (the infamous "bike shop" show in NJ for anyone else there that was there ;) ) their setlist looked like this:

Of Sins and Shadows
Eyes of Medusa
Dressed to Kill
Through the Looking Glass
Evolution
Fallen
Communion and the Oracle
Bird Serpent-War
On the Breath of Poseideon
Egypt
Death of Balance
Sea of Lies

encore:

Church of the Machine
Smoke and Mirrors

When I saw them play Lamours after that, it was basically the same, only they didn't play Bird Serpent War or OtBoP, and they did The Accolade after DoB.

dargormudshark said:
They didn't tour on the first 3 albums

I don't think they "toured" for the early albums, but I think they did some European metal fests.
I may be wrong, but I think I'm correct about this. Anybody know for sure?

We first saw them in a small Jersey club 9/10/2001 and they did lots of tunes, including "Looking Glass", and DWOT. It was an incredible show (experience) and we've never been quite the same since then.:Spin: