Systematic Chaos

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
As far as I could tell Mike's big confession on Repentance (weakest track...) had to do with not singing for Melinda's godfather.

Lyrically this tends a little more towards the power metal side of things (esp. Dark Eternal Night, In the Presence of Enemies, and Forsaken) but it still kicks ass.

kk argue with me now

Their best album since SDOIT. It's the perfect mix of all their previous stuff and their newer stuff. The first 5 minutes of in the presence of Ennemies Pt.1 reminds me a lot of Liquid Tension Experiment. Prophets Of War is also a fantastic song. Repentence is definately the weakest song.

Good Album 8/10:kickass:

This album is definitely better than Octavarium (crap album save for the title track). I was expecting a bit more from the next part of the AA suite (Repentance), but oh well...I give it a 7/10.

We know you don't like the band APT : P

I think this beats out their last three albums. The subject matter is rarely rooted in the real world, a lot of dark fantasy type stuff, which makes for an entertaining listen. Check out a couple of tracks; Repentance is probably the weakest, sorta a half-assed attempt at a Damnation-like tune.

LaBrie just sounds like a typical old-school prog singer to me. I think he's probably shooting for "Geddy Lee."

Flu Boy, Repentance has a bunch of spoked-word sections of other musicians like Satriani, Wilson, and Akerfeldt discussing their regrets, and it sounded to me like Mike's regret was not singing at Melinda's godfather's wedding.

I didn't mind Dark Eternal Night, although I'll admit it was kinda out of place. I like Petrucci's background-shouting (I AM THE LAST!), enjoyed that on Glass Prison as well.

Their first four are my favorites, unless you count WDaDU (most people don't, for whatever reason) with SFaM being the top, but I thought Six Degrees and Train of Thought had their moments, and I liked the title track and the AA song on Octavarium.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a fanboy

I'd say its one of their better albums. It certainly is MUCH better than octavarium, although I did enjoy octavarium aswell. Constant Motion and The Dark Eternal Night took alittle while for to get use to..I didnt like it at 1st, but i'd say their my favourite tracks on the album. I'd give the album an 8/10.

And s<issors...I think its Portnoy whose doing the backing vocals on The Dark Eternal Night. But I dunno, JP could have been doing the backs aswell.

Pretty sure it was Petrucci if you check out the DEN video, but I could be wrong. Either way, cool.