Tabbing out SyX

Dressed To Kill said:
1by4by9, do you have msn or something?
I have all the intro tabbed with guitar, bass, keys (piano and strings) and drums by the way, I'm starting the verse, on the first part of the verse (before the guitar enters) I'm only lacking the drums.
Nope, don't have MSN... I'm just a poor modem user: an hour or two per day online... I started yesterday tabbing the intro too but now that you've done it also I'll start on the verse. Actually my way of tabbing is to do some part from here and there and in the end completing them as a one big package. So I could tab parts from the end of the song. btw, I tabbed the "evil" piano part in 4:41 too.

ive got another one for you, but this is just a little part of any of romeos solos, there seems to be one riff he uses in almost all of the heavier sym x songs, the riff im talking about is at the begining of masquerade 98's solo, just the first few notes, is that just a scale form he uses or somethin, in any case its fricken killer

You mean the ascending scale played in 4:01.

Code:
				      T (fast tapping)
|----------------------------------------------------
|-------------------------15----19-15-22p19p15-etc.--
|-------------14----17-14----17----------------------
|-------16-------16----------------------------------
|-15-17----17----------------------------------------
|----------------------------------------------------

Hey 1by4by9, did you get the mails?

I can finish part one of the song if you send me the "evil" piano part ;) and the guitar solo :loco:, because the keyboard solos are easy to tab for me, because I can get them by playing them on mu keyboard, but well, that doesn't work for romeo's solos.

i'm not sure if this was mentioned...... for any tabs i normally use www.powertabs.net ... just download the powertab program from download.com and then you download zip files that are tabs but you can hear the tabs through MIDI files that are on it allready and even edit and make your own tabs...
nifty program

hessm said:
i'm not sure if this was mentioned...... for any tabs i normally use www.powertabs.net ... just download the powertab program from download.com and then you download zip files that are tabs but you can hear the tabs through MIDI files that are on it allready and even edit and make your own tabs...
nifty program

Yeah, I've actually tabbed out and reworked a lot of Symphony X bass transcriptions using this program, and then exporting it as a text file. Hopefully they'll be on the site soon!

goth_fiend said:
ive got another one for you, but this is just a little part of any of romeos solos, there seems to be one riff he uses in almost all of the heavier sym x songs, the riff im talking about is at the begining of masquerade 98's solo, just the first few notes, is that just a scale form he uses or somethin, in any case its fricken killer

Romeo likes to use Phrygian Dominate AKA "Spanish Phrygian" Often...very cool sounding scale!

Basically, it's the Phrygian mode with the 3rd raised half a step.

Scale formula(derived from Major)-
1 b2 3 4 5 b6 b7 8

Another good tune to hear this scale in use is "YYZ" by Rush..Lifeson does some cool lead lines and Rhythm in that tune!

me and a friend are doin the masquerade tab (powertab) i will post it soon in the powertabs.net it has solo and intro and all...
i also did some other tabs which u can find at powertabs.net, im xerox_616 over there

I would love to see a tab for the solo section in Pharaoh, I can play the whole song except for that, because I'm not great shakes at figuring solos out and no tabs exist AFAIK.

If you can tab it, that would be awesome!

Granskog said:
1by4by9, how do you go about when tabbing? i meen in detail. im asking since you seem to be really productive. any program?

I'm using Slow Speed CD Transcriber and Guitar Pro. SSCDT has an EQ so it makes it a lot easier to hear "hidden" frequencies. First I usually tab bass by raising the pitch by an octave and boosting low frequencies on EQ. Drums come easily this way too. Then the rest.

SSCDT allows you to stretch (slow down) the CD up to 300%. Very handy.

1by4by9 said:
I'm using Slow Speed CD Transcriber and Guitar Pro. SSCDT has an EQ so it makes it a lot easier to hear "hidden" frequencies. First I usually tab bass by raising the pitch by an octave and boosting low frequencies on EQ. Drums come easily this way too. Then the rest.

SSCDT allows you to stretch (slow down) the CD up to 300%. Very handy.

sounds nice, is it for free? and can you swap the phase of the speakers (aka karaoke)?

personally i use transcribe. its basically the same.

it would be really nice if someone could help me with transcribing the little lead line after the first chorus in Of sins and shadows. i believe its some kind of harmonized wholetone kinda thing.

Granskog said:
it would be really nice if someone could help me with transcribing the little lead line after the first chorus in Of sins and shadows. i believe its some kind of harmonized wholetone kinda thing.

I have it written down at home, but I won't be back for a few days. I'll be sure to post it, though.

Another note - on the album, it's two guitars playing the lead, but live, P plays the harmony.

MorphineChild205 said:
I have it written down at home, but I won't be back for a few days. I'll be sure to post it, though.

Another note - on the album, it's two guitars playing the lead, but live, P plays the harmony.

no hurry, just post it when you can! ;)

You'll have to copy and paste this into notepad...

The first bar is 4/4, the 2nd is 9/8.

|----20b22r=(20)-18h20-------------|-----------------------------13----|
|----------------------17h19-------|-11h13-----------------------------|
|----------------------------13h15-|-------11h13-----------------------|
|----------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
|----------------------------------|-------------11h13-13h15-13--------|
|----------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
|
|
|
|----12b14r=(12)-10h12-------------|------------------------------9----|
|-----------------------9h11-------|--7h=9-----------------------------|