Tall/Uninterested People at the rail...

If they were recording the show in the front row, they were being incredibly inept at it. The sound near the front ALWAYS sucks, there's little or no side-to-side stereo overlay, you get a lot of monitor-wedge sound but not the house sound. The best part of the soundfield is further back, centerline, and (at most clubs) near the soundboard.

booB said:
This is just plain rude... but it's not as bad as the dumb fucks who go up front at a show because they WORSHIP the headlining band, and then turn their backs, or even boo, the openers, and/or yell the headliners' name through their set. These fucks seriously need to be beaten to a pulp.

I saw this happen at Fates Warning/Savatage, and I've heard about it at countless shows (such as Event/Symphony X) where the support band and headliner play very different styles of music. If you can't at least be POLITE, then don't stand up front. You couldn't possibly be any more of a dick, even if you stayed away during the support acts and then pushed and shoved your way to the front for the headliner.

There's a lot of behavior during shows that I find annoying... I absolutely ABHOR this shit.

sometimes it is warranted. I saw some pantera wannabe band opening for Anthrax during their first Chicago reunion gig back last April and I wanted to peel my ears off of my head thru that crap. On top of that, they were giving us the lets hear some noise crap like they deserved it. I am like-"shut the hell up and get finished so I can have me some Anthrax!!!":headbang:

I just thought that I would add to the the nonscense that is this thread. If you can't see, move to the seats or some place else where you can see.

Zingababla said:
I just thought that I would add to the the nonscense that is this thread. If you can't see, move to the seats or some place else where you can see.

If you get on the floor and a 7 foot guy is in front of you, you only have yourself to blame if you cannot see.

If you get on the floor and a 7 foot guy pushes in front of you and then you can't see, that is just plain rude.

I find it kinda amusing when I see the 5 foot tall people behind guys like Swordlord...I mean, damn doods why are you standing there? Move to the left or right 10 feet so that you can see!

Oh and to just continue the nonsense...let's try to figure out the schizophrenia shown in these two (paraphrased) statements:

"The progpower audiences are the best on the planet--everything is cool with them"

And:

"Fuck you if you do not have a gold badge yet and do not want to wait 4 hours to get in so that you can be close to the stage. I am gonna sit there 6 hours blocking your view and if you don't like it tough shit."

I happen to know the first one is true. But when you read some of the posts in this thread you have to consider the second one as well.

SavaVIDude said:
I've been wanting to salute you, SL!! I've been to the last 2 PPs and you stand out, to say the least. I'm 6' and don't have all that much trouble seeing, but the way you fuckin' headbang to EVERY fucking song, know almost all the words; hell I enjoy watching you!!!! You fuckin' rock the way I think you're supposed to rock!! Keep doin' whatcha do!!!!

Chris :headbang:

Dude,

It's been a crappy day on this end and your message just TOTALLY cheered me up! THANK YOU! Keep an eye out for me in Atlanta this September and be sure you say hello -- will be nice to hang out!

Nathan "The SwordLord"

Greykiller said:
Swordlord, you are almost as fun to watch as the people on stage. I am usually about 4 feet back and to the right, and you do not bother me at all. I hear your reasons and dig them. If I were 6'5" I would probably let someone shorter stand in front simply because they need the love too.

Thanks man!!! I am glad I please at least some of the people some of the time! :loco: It's taken me a looooong time to become comfortable with who I am ... I sure as hell am not going to stop now!

Nathan

I love to see people having a good time! And I thank every tall mother who responded kindly to this thread. To all the rest, sorry if life bothers you so much that you lose your temper because of what someone says on the internet.

To the shorter people: crowd placement is important. If you get moved around behind a tall dood due to audience ebb and flow, I sympathise.

Only the people at the rail have total control of their spot on the floor IMO. As a long time GB holder I perfectly understand the justification of getting in early. The closest I have ever been is right behind the first row, and I was there more by accident than anything--and I found no real value by being there.

This year, I will be in the same spot I have been the last three PP's--10 feet from the stage, just to the left of center. Say hi if you want.