TECH DEATH MIX FOR YOU TO TRY

Haha I don't know what I prefer, they sound near the same :loco: I will say rockmaster because I have taken 20 minutes in reamping them :D

Glad you like it.

I agree with the drumsound.
Original drums are mixed at 50% with first preset I found in Superior Drumer 2.0.

When I have time I can make them sound better. This night or tomorrow I'll post a new version.

Thanks for sharing the track. It's fucking awesome!!

I don't have any input here, I just REALLY like your avatar lol.

I'll post my mix in a few days. I'm finishing programming the drums (midi file is... strange :p ), and i'll try to get something decent sounding from mr hector (and its not easy :p ). That will be a tough task, for here are many killer tones!

Well... it came sooner than i told ;)

here it is:

Ive never had an idea how does lifting the cab for about 0.5m affects the sound :err:

i think i'll remix this tommorow ;)

cheers.

edit:
here is second attempt, a little more bass-heavy

anyways, I have to re-reamp this :p

Last edited by a moderator:
this is my new favourite. the guitars sounds so damn good. the drums are missing some hits now and then, e.g. the break right before the last section is missing a cymbal hit. but oh how i enjoy this!

man, glad to hear that. sorry for missing hits, I moved them manually from original drum map to SSD 3.5 and obviously forgot some. I liked this song very much and I enjoyed working on it - you play like machines!

Well... it came sooner than i told ;)

here it is:

Ive never had an idea how does lifting the cab for about 0.5m affects the sound :err:

i think i'll remix this tommorow ;)

cheers.

edit:
here is second attempt, a little more bass-heavy

anyways, I have to re-reamp this :p

nice work dude! sounds a bit like spawn of possession. i like you're ideas on the drums, you seem to have a good understanding of them, but would it be possible to fatten up the guitars? like this one for example: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/970198/Meditative.mp3 by Flynt.

Thank you!

well... I'm a drummer ;)
but few hits are missing... i don't know where they disappeared :p

i will reamp guitars again today, and post the effects here. They sound a bit thin indeed :/

I tried to make my own drums with SD2 but with that midi file the mapping is totally wrong. In SD2 is the option to change the midi map but it's all shit. i need a midi which is in general midi or special programmed for sd2 or an info which keynote belongs to kick/snare /etc.
Or do i have something overlooked to do that?

I tried to make my own drums with SD2 but with that midi file the mapping is totally wrong. In SD2 is the option to change the midi map but it's all shit. i need a midi which is in general midi or special programmed for sd2 or an info which keynote belongs to kick/snare /etc.
Or do i have something overlooked to do that?

i posted 2 midi files. one for XLN ADD and one for SD2. here is the one for SD2:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5831187/Meditative SD2.0 Midi.mid

hope it works for you, it seems to be ok for everyone else.

So i did something a bit different:

what do you think?

very nice! much phatter than the last one. again i will say that i think the drums are really cool and i appreciate your worthwhile creative input. i will give this a more thorough evaluation when i can, it's damn good but not perfect. it's cool to hear a Laboga; Vogg from Decapitated was showing me his when i interviewed him and was saying i should get one. he also combines it with a Randall RH300 or something like that, a cheap solid state for its punch, maybe try that?

Here is my attempt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19690392/Death%20Metal%20Mp3.mp3

Keep in mind, this is only my second attempt at mixing anything so it is probably horrible. Drums gave me problems since they were all on one track. Didn't know what to do so I think they muddied it up.

Also mixing on crappy monitors so it is probably horribly eq'd.

But I had a fun and this is how you learn right?

:headbang:

Thanks for feedback nevchrist :) i didint see it - looks like this thread drowned along other threads :p
Laboga is a killer amp indeed, but more for live use, than studio situations. Its very easy to end up with a grainy tone, which i dont like (although your guitar sounds great on this amp). I've heard only one randall, tube, not solid state, and i dont remember the model) and it wasn't so impressing. Sounded like it has no low mids at all (despite tweaking the knobs to death ;)
but should i blend it... who knows ;)

fader, your link doesn't work. 403 or sth.

Thanks for feedback nevchryst :) i didint see it - looks like this thread drowned along other threads :p
Laboga is a killer amp indeed, but more for live use, than studio situations. Its very easy to end up with a grainy tone, which i dont like (although your guitar sounds great on this amp). I've heard only one randall, tube, not solid state, and i dont remember the model) and it wasn't so impressing. Sounded like it has no low mids at all (despite tweaking the knobs to death ;)
but should i blend it... who knows ;)

fader, your link doesn't work. 403 or sth.

Fixed I think. Works when I click it now anyway.

Fixed for sure now..didn't know I had to put it in the public folder...oops.

Anyway, give it a listen.

Here is my attempt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19690392/Death%20Metal%20Mp3.mp3

Keep in mind, this is only my second attempt at mixing anything so it is probably horrible. Drums gave me problems since they were all on one track. Didn't know what to do so I think they muddied it up.

Also mixing on crappy monitors so it is probably horribly eq'd.

But I had a fun and this is how you learn right?

:headbang:

true, that is how you learn, i'm also learning but i quite like the sound you've got going here. the EQ on the vocals is interesting (very roomy) and i like the reverb but maybe there's too much of it in parts?

There are midi files for the drums by the way if you have VST drums.

Did anyone kinda sorted the midi drums in Kontakt?
I even leeched the demo of addictive but a many pieces(like all the toms) are missing in the demo, superior doesn't even have a demo...

Would anybody be so kind?