TECH DEATH MIX FOR YOU TO TRY

true, that is how you learn, i'm also learning but i quite like the sound you've got going here. the EQ on the vocals is interesting (very roomy) and i like the reverb but maybe there's too much of it in parts?

There are midi files for the drums by the way if you have VST drums.
Yeah I felt iffy on the reverb too.

I wish I had some VST Drums but don't yet. It's on my GAS list.
I liked most of the sounds I got but overall it just seems like there should be some way to eliminate the muddiness.

^ I think he meant that he used the 5150 and XXX models on his vypyr 30.:loco: Might be the reason why it sounds a bit canned.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11682568/Meditative2.mp3
Second version, to me it sounds more alive and brighter than the previous one despite not relying so badly on the drums. No vocals on this one either but I'll add them later as soon as I learn to mix metal vocals properly (I gave them a shot earlier and they turned out either too flat or too reverb-y).

I changed my tone just for you, nevchrist. No homo.

^ I think he meant that he used the 5150 and XXX models on his vypyr 30.:loco: Might be the reason why it sounds a bit canned.

Like he says. Volume was also pretty low, live on an appartment, had to turn the preamp of my profire almost all the way up.

Here is my first version. I had alot of fun with this session. Let me know what you think.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9253529/Web Deliverable MP3/Feb 04/UMF_fredoreo_V1.mp3

Cheers
Fred

wow those drums are BIG! this sounds faaaaaaaaat. this is awesome! the vocals have some really cool reverb on them, the tone is great but maybe back off with it just a LITTLE bit. the drums do sound amazing to me but they could be a little clearer, more definition. overall i think this is an excellent approach to the song.

wow those drums are BIG! this sounds faaaaaaaaat. this is awesome! the vocals have some really cool reverb on them, the tone is great but maybe back off with it just a LITTLE bit. the drums do sound amazing to me but they could be a little clearer, more definition. overall i think this is an excellent approach to the song.

Cool, I'm glad you like it!

The mix may be a little too heavy in the low end, I'll see with hindsight what I can do over the weekend.
For the tone, do you mean lowering the gain?

Hey, I PM'ed you but I'm not sure you got it. Anyways I was wondering if I could use my mix of your song on my myspace as a reference. I could always credit you.

Cheers

sorry dude ive not checked this forum in a while. yeah sure you can use it, i liked it but please credit me.

Has anyone fixed the midi track that can upload? Just wanted to have a stab at this to test a couple of amp sims for prepro's and shit, but the midi file is a mess, 100's of stacked hits