TECH DEATH MIX FOR YOU TO TRY

What use is "Rate my mix/tone threads" if nobody rates the shit? None at all.

This is the 4th mixing time type thread I've posted a mix in, and I've never gotten a single comment. Thanks for being useful.

What use is "Rate my mix/tone threads" if nobody rates the shit? None at all.

This is the 4th mixing time type thread I've posted a mix in, and I've never gotten a single comment. Thanks for being useful.

Haha I know the feeling dude, I think its because 99 percent of the people here are either afraid to rate cuz they're n00bz like myself

or they know what they're talking about but can't be bothered. :/

i know it's not my personal duty to rate every mix just cos i started the thread but sorry nonetheless for not acknowledging this. I really like the guitars actually. What did you use? My headphones are telling me its podfarm but im not sure. I posted some midi tracks if you have the software i think it'd be worth making a new drum track. It seems to be the general consensus that my original .wav file is too muddy. People have been blending it with superior drummer which i think works nicely. I'd be interested to see what you can come up with cos like i say, those guitars sound nice.

i know it's not my personal duty to rate every mix just cos i started the thread but sorry nonetheless for not acknowledging this. I really like the guitars actually. What did you use? My headphones are telling me its podfarm but im not sure. I posted some midi tracks if you have the software i think it'd be worth making a new drum track. It seems to be the general consensus that my original .wav file is too muddy. People have been blending it with superior drummer which i think works nicely. I'd be interested to see what you can come up with cos like i say, those guitars sound nice.

It's the crunch channel of the Peavey JSX boosted with a Maxon OD808. The bass is 50/50 JSX crunch channel (high passed at 100hz) and Ampeg SVX (low passed at 200hz).

I was going to fuck with the drums more, but since I didn't get any comments on it I decided not to. I may totally redo this later... I don't much like anything except for the tone.

Thanks for the comment!

Note: I'm not mad at the forum itself, there's asstons of great info here... I'm more mad at the fact that I spend a few hours mixing something specifically for you guys to critique and I get no critique. :lol:

i think your mix could do with chunkier guitars and new drums, what i think sounds best is sharp tight superior drummer backed up by the .wav file drums i posted to give it some meat.

p.s. i like what you did right before the solo

Really, it was just boogex and a crash job of eq. Reaper's stock fx got me that far, just wait until I can get to my mixing comp, I'll try to get some more meat on those guitars. And definitely some heftier drums, all I used were yours.

And everybody loves a reversed swell on guitars. :D

Alrighty, I'm sure everyone's plenty tired of listening so FWIW here's my mix and 5150 reamp.

5150 reamp

OD: OD808
Amp: 5150 Ch 3
Cab: Mesa 2x12
Speaker: V30
Mics: Trion 7000 & SM57

Alrighty, I'm sure everyone's plenty tired of listening so FWIW here's my mix and 5150 reamp.

5150 reamp

OD: OD808
Amp: 5150 Ch 3
Cab: Mesa 2x12
Speaker: V30
Mics: Trion 7000 & SM57

Interesting, but I don't like the drums.
The guitars are probably a bit ballsy for such a technical tune, I'd use more mids to clear out the playing.