Tech Death

Ok now checking out Gorguts - Obscura

HOLY SHIT what have I been missing. This is insane. What a sound!

i dunno i only have the new one whatever that is

Other than descendants, prostitute disfigurement's albums are fucking awful. It's good though.

I cant sit and listen to that album at once, not knocking it... anything that can cause a migrane with the sheer odd way they play has got to be worth something.

I cant sit and listen to that album at once, not knocking it... anything that can cause a migrane with the sheer odd way they play has got to be worth something.

I agree with this statement. I attempt to spin it every once in a while, don't make it far, but I keep trying.

I've never really been able to get that far into Obscura by Gorguts either. However, I'm really enjoying Obscura's new album, Cosmogenesis (I think that's their newest). Call me crazy, but I don't see a ton of resemblance between the album Obscura and the band Obscura.

Not joking at all. Gorod's 2009 album takes them to school in every way. Cosmogenesis is so light I almost hesitate to even refer to it as tech death.

:lol: I have seen more of the US than most people, including Portland, which I am jealous of you for getting to enjoy on a daily basis.

Got to spend a couple weekends there, awesome place.

Process Of A New Decline is marginal in my opinion. Granted, I guess it's slightly more technical than Gorod's other two albums, but it's nowhere near as heavy as Neurotripsicks. Their lead singer needs to do more super deep, pissed-off death growls in my opinion.

I really don't see where you're getting the idea that Cosmogenesis could be considered "light." The singer is a fucking talented growler, not to mention the heavy, driving drums featured on nearly every song. I really like this album.

Also, Portland has some good bands coming to town in the near future. I forget exactly which ones, but my friend told me that Augury is playing in Portland next Thursday... thinking about going.

:lol: I have seen more of the US than most people, including Portland, which I am jealous of you for getting to enjoy on a daily basis.

Got to spend a couple weekends there, awesome place.

That's cool, I've lived here for 13 years and I have personally gotten tired of it, in certain times it's very beautiful and nice but for the most part it's depressing because it rains all the time, I like the cold weather but it's not nice and epic snow weather it's just depressing rain...I've heard Portland has one of the highest suicide rates actually :lol: but the pacific northwest in general is stellar for people who love nature related things

Process Of A New Decline is marginal in my opinion. Granted, I guess it's slightly more technical than Gorod's other two albums, but it's nowhere near as heavy as Neurotripsicks. Their lead singer needs to do more super deep, pissed-off death growls in my opinion.

I really don't see where you're getting the idea that Cosmogenesis could be considered "light." The singer is a fucking talented growler, not to mention the heavy, driving drums featured on nearly every song. I really like this album.

Also, Portland has some good bands coming to town in the near future. I forget exactly which ones, but my friend told me that Augury is playing in Portland next Thursday... thinking about going.

this is pretty much whats going on around here

http://www.mikethrasherpresents.com/dbmonkey/calendar.cfm?cal=thrasher&city=1

Cosmogenesis sounds like it was done by robots. I actually like the album myself, but I can understand why people say it sounds lifeless, it sounds mechanical. (which I find kind of cool)

Do yourself a favor and check out Ulcerate. That is some scary, scary shit!

I think the beauty of Tech Death is that you can have a band like Gorguts and the band Obscura in the same sub-genre; there are so many possibilities in this music. Keep it coming. Please!

That's because there's no set parameters in a certain "sub-genre" people can call themselves what they want and fans could classify them as something completely different. sometimes I just feel good music is good music and sometimes i feel that sub-genres are a good way to keep track of the scenes