Technical vs Progressive Metal

ccba_1.jpg

SUH

How is it that someone who doesn’t listen to wigger slam knows who Cemetery Rapist is? That’s the guy in the photo. Sheesh.

Fuck...I’m Dead is a completely separate band and straight up ultra fast grindcore.

How is it that someone who doesn’t listen to wigger slam knows who Cemetery Rapist is? That’s the guy in the photo. Sheesh.

Did you mean to say *does listen to wigger slam?

Fuck...I’m Dead is a completely separate band and straight up ultra fast grindcore.

Yes I know who they are, shit aesthetics. Look at that horrendous logo, looks like a surf/motocross brand company. Awesome band though.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
Did i once say that Necrophagist were progressive? I clearly referred to you saying that they dont have complex compositions, which is just an absurd thing to say. What im getting is that you're implying that technical death metal doesnt contain have complex compositions, which is 100% incorrect.

And i disagree with your assessment of early Cannibal Corpse. Most death metal is and was technical in comparison to other music.... so what you're saying there makes no sense really. Nothing they were doing with their early albums was as technical as say Atheist, Nocturnus, Death etc. They were generic by the books standard death metal dude.

I said most tech death don't have complex compositions with harmony/melody logic, but they have complex riffing writing. One of the decisive differences between tech death and progressive stuff is tonality. Progressive music is mostly written within logical chords progressions and tonality, whereas death metal is VERY atonal, where Necrophagist is not an exception.

CC' are bona fide pioneers on tech death. Not just having good musicianship, but being very heavy and fast with complex riffing. Everyone knows that.

I said most tech death don't have complex compositions with harmony/melody logic, but they have complex riffing writing. One of the decisive differences between tech death and progressive stuff is tonality. Progressive music is mostly written within logical chords progressions and tonality, whereas death metal is VERY atonal, where Necrophagist is not an exception.

I'm sorry but saying Necrophagist or most tech death doesnt have complex composition is so incorrect it basically voids anything you have to say on this matter.

CC' are bona fide pioneers on tech death. Not just having good musicianship, but being very heavy and fast with complex riffing. Everyone knows that.
CC are nowhere near being pioneers of tech-death, i already mentioned three bands that were playing legitimate technical death metal at the time and were indeed the pioneers of thew subgenre while CC was playing by the books generic/regular death metal. I honestly have no clue where you're coming up with the "everyone knows this part". How about you go to RYM and see when tech death was used as one of their secondary descriptions and then get back to me.

Quick question, would you use "complex composition" to describe this track?

R.i.p. Spawn of Posession.

I think the closest CC got to technical death metal was when Pat O' Brien came into the picture. The Wretched Spawn was pretty technical, but as far as that, CC have just been death metal. However, they may have very well sped up the process of Brutal Death Metal

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
yea, they definitely have some highly technical albums that would fall into the tech-death sub-genre like The Wretched Spawn, Evisceration Plague etc but to say Barnes era Cannibal Corpse were technical death metal is just completely wrong.

And to say Necrophagist didnt have complex compositions when the foundation of their sound was built on classical compositions is just .. i dunno, weird.