Terrorizer mag

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
o_O This month sees Nile on the cover, woo-hoo! :worship:
But, am I the only one that thinks their album reviews are fucking awful? They don't actually tell you anything about what the albums sound like, they just seem to be an excuse for nonsensical flowery prose. Check out the review of the new Fanotmas album - I've never heard the band and, after reading the Terrorizer review I still have NO idea what they sound like, or even if they're any good. ALL the reviews are like this.
WTF are they all about?

Although going downhill somewhat the magazine still depth charges Kerrang! out of the water, I was looking through the gig listings in said pile of arse and had to wade through Avril Lavigne, Rooster and the like to find anything buried in the small print.

I like the magazine overall, they do cover much better bands than Metal Hammer or Kerrang which really aren't proper metal mags any more, they're more pop/rock mags.
But the reviews in Terrorizer take up a lot of space, but they're pretty much useless in helping you decide which album you might like. Sometimes the reviewer gives something like a 9 out of 10, but reading the actual review you can't actually tell if they even liked it.

Oh I like Terrorizer, it's one of the only magazines I buy every month. They have good interviews and I usually find their reviews quite helpful, and usually pretty accurate. The only thing I don't really like is that they don't rate gigs, they just write about them. Other than that, I think its a great mag.

On a side note, whats the new aborted track like on the cd? I was going to buy it yesterday, but i ran out of money. And is there a new nile track on there?

^ The Aborted track is pretty weak compared to their last album and the Nile song is the one that's been on relapse's site for a couple of weeks.

I buy Terrorizer because they have interesting features and most of their writers know what they're talking about, though the fact that they almost always seem to cover bands I like does help as well. The reviews are probably the weakest thing about the magazine though there are a handful of reviewers who are consistantly excellent (Chris Chantler, James Hinchliffe, Nathan T Birk, etc). Overall it is still far and away the most relevant and entertaining metal magazine there is.

6in6flames6 said:
Oh I like Terrorizer, it's one of the only magazines I buy every month. They have good interviews and I usually find their reviews quite helpful, and usually pretty accurate. The only thing I don't really like is that they don't rate gigs, they just write about them. Other than that, I think its a great mag.

On a side note, whats the new aborted track like on the cd? I was going to buy it yesterday, but i ran out of money. And is there a new nile track on there?

Who rates gigs? It's even more subjective than for a record .