Testing LeCto, it's awesome!

I was wondering also what settings you used, or if you could screenshot the guitar chain .

this sounds unreal!!

chain.JPG

man, ive been awaiting this plugin for too long, and when it finally becomes available, it doesnt work for me! >:[

btw, sick ass tone, makes me even more upset that i cant get it to work :/

Wow quite a bit of resurrecition going on here? :lol:
I'll try to answer everything as close as I can, but unfortunatly my work pc died this mornining (right before I wanted to do some reaamps *raaaaaaarr*), so I cant take a look at the session right now (I'm an dumbass for not backing up files regulary...fuck myself.)...I'll make some screens as soon as I'm sure that my HD didn't fuck of completely...for now I'll try to write what I can remember (its been more than a week since I did this I think).
Also I'm still a bit drunk...hope you wont mind^^

what settings for soloc as a booster? I was never able to get it to sound good as a booster, not that I really tried A LOT.
As far as I remeber:
input at noon, EQ at noon & a treat master the same as the "level" knob at the tubescreamer...as much as it is needed (was also at noon at this session I think, maybe a bit more, but not too much)

gorgeous.
I'm praying that these guys make a Mac OS X compatible version.
Fucker needs to start making mac rtas :bah::cry:
OH MY GOD, this is to good to be true. Oh wait it is to good to be true because there is no Mac version. Seriously I would be prepared to pay over $100 for this as a Mac version.
I don't have a mac ;)
but I hope you guys also get to try it out someday...

really cool sounds !
i dont like the palmmutes though, they sound very "edgy" and not how a real recto would behave...
thanks man, the last time I tried out a real Recto is a LONG LONG time ago, didnt really knew what I was doing back then...so I can only guess how a real recto would behave...but this plugin definitly lets me GAS for one ;)

sounds awesome. What do you use for saturation on the guitars? I am also curious on what settings you use on the soloc for a boost. Man these amp sims are sounding as good as real amps. The crazy thing is the best sounding ones are free!
saturation was one of the things that is included in cubase I think...dont really know how it is called though, or if it was a free plugin..have to look at it again when its possible, sry^^ for saturation I always try to make it not sound overwhelming...like setting it up until it doesnt sound too edgy, and then taking it down a little bit, just to be sure...
yeah, especiall this one sounds really really cool, although I also like Le456 and SoloC a lot. it's really cool to get nice tones out of in the box, but personally nothing beats a well miced tube beast for me still ;)
but I'm really gratefull that onqel and lepou put out awesome stuff like that, nowadays all of the times I write something some of their plugins run on the di's :)

Great plugin, realistic sound! What inputl level should be after booster (for example TSS plugin or SoloC preamp)?
you mean on the ampsim?
Normally I dont fiddle around with it too much, most of the times I tweak the sound with the booster and the drive knob...never goes much away from noon as I remember....not 100% sure though, gonna make some screens whenever it is possible again!

I was wondering also what settings you used, or if you could screenshot the guitar chain .
I can't deliver details now, as simply don't remember them after a week sorry^^ as far as i remeber in short:
2 tracks modern red, 2 tracks vintage red
gregs beta impulse+s-preshigh
dunno for the vintage channel, but I think I had the mids at the moder at full...
eq was hp,lp,small boost around 200hz(dunno exactly) and small dip somewhere around 2k...
saturation before eq
gonna take screens when it is possible again

I'll ask this question here because I am not sure if it is worth creating a thread for it: if I have active pickups (EMG 81/85) how much input should I be using?
haha, I'm gonna be honest man:
I'm not sure if I'm the right one to ask, out of 3 gtrs, 2 have EMGS, and the one with passives is tuned to B standard, so its a lot louder on default.
but normally my DI's peak at roughly the same loudness, so it should be somewhat compareable:
I (personally) dont tweak the input knob a lot, most of the sound I try to make with the booster and the drive. usually it's around 11o clock and 13-14 o clock (I guess).
I think it depends on the loudness of your DI track also, so I dunno how/why you should tread it different with EMG's...sorry man, wished I'd be more helpful^^

this sounds unreal!!

chain.JPG
lol thanks, as I said, screens as soon as I get my pc to work again.
IF it works again and I can save some files...
elsewise I need a new one, and I guess the screens are gone....yarg.

Awesome rifting dude, I love the dance beat going into the Arch Enemy style double-time; guitars sound great, though perhaps a tad nasal IMO
Well, thanks a lot Marcus, I'm glad you dig it :)
Actually I also dig the dance beat a lot, guess it will find a way in one of my bands songs somewhen :lol:
I definitly love AE, so yeah, maybe theres some AE style going on...I think the guitars aren't that nasal, but after one week I think there's too much high end/high mid (maybe thats what you're refering at?) stuff going on...
cant do much about it now though^^
Id also change some things about the mix (gtrs are overwhelming), but it was anyway to test out Lecto more than anything else :lol:

man, ive been awaiting this plugin for too long, and when it finally becomes available, it doesnt work for me! >:[

btw, sick ass tone, makes me even more upset that i cant get it to work :/
thanks man, same as above, maybe there's hope for the mac guys, as LePou said something about getting a mac in the other thread

damn, why the fuck do I always have to write so much when I'm drunk? lolz
thanks for checking it out :headbang:

Magp said:
haha, I'm gonna be honest man:
I'm not sure if I'm the right one to ask, out of 3 gtrs, 2 have EMGS, and the one with passives is tuned to B standard, so its a lot louder on default.
but normally my DI's peak at roughly the same loudness, so it should be somewhat compareable:
I (personally) dont tweak the input knob a lot, most of the sound I try to make with the booster and the drive. usually it's around 11o clock and 13-14 o clock (I guess).
I think it depends on the loudness of your DI track also, so I dunno how/why you should tread it different with EMG's...sorry man, wished I'd be more helpful^^

That's because I remember reading somewhere that if one was using active pickups one should use more/less input (I don't remember, I might be wrong though), but I can notice a difference while using different input settings. I'll ask in Lepou's thread also to see what he says.

That's because I remember reading somewhere that if one was using active pickups one should use more/less input (I don't remember, I might be wrong though), but I can notice a difference while using different input settings. I'll ask in Lepou's thread also to see what he says.

hm well, never heard of it, but I also didnt think about it until now...maybe I'm gonna make some short tests to see if it improves anything

im not going to lie to you that still made no actual sense to me haha, so if im using emg's what would i do with the input :S

im not going to lie to you that still made no actual sense to me haha, so if im using emg's what would i do with the input :S

From what I understood:
Crank it if not using a booster, leave it at noon if using a booster.
gonna make some tests how its when you use an ampsim as booster (as I did), gonna try boosting the input of SoloC, and leaving LeCto at about noon.
But at the end of the day: whatever sounds good ;)

Definitely sounds like a Recto. I haven't had time to try the plug yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how close it is to my real Recto. Nice job.