Testing LeCto, it's awesome!

Here you go

its quadtracked, so this are the mainguitars, panned hard left hard right.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Pix/Mago_LeCto_Test_Rhythm1.jpg
secondary guitars, panned -90/90 and -2dB
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Pix/Mago_LeCto_Test_Rhythm2.jpg
Guitarbus
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Pix/Mago_LeCto_Test_RhythmBUS.jpg

Sorry that it took so long, but installing Cubase on my Girlfriends Laptop wasnt as easy as I thought it would be^^
I fucking hate Windows Vista :lol:
hope it helps

@ the input knob:
for this test I used my only guitar with passive pickups, so I guess if you want to try these setting with EMG's try boosting the input knob of SoloC.
you are aware that according to those screenshots you are just using greg's impulses, right? The switch is set to independent

you are aware that according to those screenshots you are just using greg's impulses, right? The switch is set to independent

nope, it's using both, if you pull the volume for greg's down you'll also hear s-preshigh. as far as I understood lecab, if you choose blend then the volume faders interact, if indep you can chose the volume for each impulse.

nope, it's using both, if you pull the volume for greg's down you'll also hear s-preshigh. as far as I understood lecab, if you choose blend then the volume faders interact, if indep you can chose the volume for each impulse.

If the pans are centered, this is quite the case. If not, one cab is on one side, the other is on the other, obviously. I always put it on blend mode, because I'm lazy and I usually get decent results that way.

If the pans are centered, this is quite the case. If not, one cab is on one side, the other is on the other, obviously. I always put it on blend mode, because I'm lazy and I usually get decent results that way.

This is the way I've always understood it, too. Mago, thanks a lot for the screens - they made a hell of a starting point for me for this awesome sim.

ah that makes sense, I always have them centered so maybe I didnt notice more differences in the modes.

This is the way I've always understood it, too. Mago, thanks a lot for the screens - they made a hell of a starting point for me for this awesome sim.
You're welcome man, that's why I posted them...I never saw much of a use in copieng settings, but it's good as a starting point for your own little experimentation ;)

Well I didn't know that :D. Thanks for the saturation/no-saturation clips, man.

I am not quite getting the 2 EQs thingy. Why 2?

Here you go

its quadtracked, so this are the mainguitars, panned hard left hard right.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Pix/Mago_LeCto_Test_Rhythm1.jpg
secondary guitars, panned -90/90 and -2dB
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Pix/Mago_LeCto_Test_Rhythm2.jpg
Guitarbus
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Pix/Mago_LeCto_Test_RhythmBUS.jpg

Sorry that it took so long, but installing Cubase on my Girlfriends Laptop wasnt as easy as I thought it would be^^
I fucking hate Windows Vista :lol:
hope it helps

@ the input knob:
for this test I used my only guitar with passive pickups, so I guess if you want to try these setting with EMG's try boosting the input knob of SoloC.

thanks a bunch for these : D

Well I didn't know that :D. Thanks for the saturation/no-saturation clips, man.

I am not quite getting the 2 EQs thingy. Why 2?

because I don't have a parametric eq with more than 4 bands ;)

the first eq could have been left away if I would have tweaked the knobs on the sim a bit more I guess, but I had them allready printed and I was too lazy to redo it :p

Thanks alot for the info Mago. You've got a really nice sound.
I hope you don't mind me asking but, your drums sound really good and I wonder what samples do you use and how do you process them?
Would be great if you'd be willing to share some info on it, if it isn't to much trouble and if you feel like doing it and have the time for it.

And once again, great work on this!

Cheers!

Thanks alot for the info Mago. You've got a really nice sound.
I hope you don't mind me asking but, your drums sound really good and I wonder what samples do you use and how do you process them?
Would be great if you'd be willing to share some info on it, if it isn't to much trouble and if you feel like doing it and have the time for it.

And once again, great work on this!

Cheers!

thnx, the drums are SD2 on toms and OH

kick is a sample I've put together from Lasses Kickpack (Rarefaction kick), kick 10 and kick 15 from slate (for low end and a bit low mids meat).
every kick as its own eq, and the mixed one has a bit different eq and comp for each mix.

Snares are Slate Custom, LSD Drums InFection & SD2 MF 5x14 Pearl free Floating maple, each sample comes with processing, so theres no comp on the snarebus, just eq and a little transient designer for a bit more attack (made it too short on this one though, it lost a lot of the cool "ring" it had :rolleyes:)
you can read through this thread if you want, its the same samples but with different (better imo) processing.
drumsound-lasses-samples-involved

Holy fucking shit, sounds brutal as hell!! :kickass: Awesome quality!
:kickass: and a holy fucking schnitzel to you felix ;)

where do you put the saturation in your chain?
should be clear if you read the posts above and take a look at the guitarbus screenshot.

Thanks for the info Mago, I appreciate it!
What attack and release times do you use on your snares?
I'm trying to get a similiar sound and would be great to get some starting points.

Thanks for the info Mago, I appreciate it!
What attack and release times do you use on your snares?
I'm trying to get a similiar sound and would be great to get some starting points.

the samples allready come with comp (lasses and slate are allready processed), but usually I set the comp to something like 10-25ms attack and 100-125ms release, depending on the mix and the snare!

Hey Mago awesome tone. I don't really get the screenshot though. Are you using SoloC infront of Lecto? Or is that SoloC on the left and Lecto on the right?
Am I missing something or am I just too dumb?

I'm using SoloC in front of LeCto, as a booster instead of TSS.
Sorry that the screen isn't clear enough, I'm not on my main pc and getting this stuff together on a tiny laptop screen with PAINT is a PITA :lol:

What's your processing on SD2's room (ambience) mics and how loud are you mixing them with the rest of the drumkit?

For toms: room really low, but noticeable sound from the overheadmics
overheads: compression and eq on the ambience mics, blended it quite loud, I dont like the overheads too close miced sounding

Sorry to res an old thread however I'm extremely curious to your bass tone
And processing as what a lot of people seem to be missing is,
That will help massively in the sound.
Any chance of screensnto your bass processing please mago?

Good work man