Thank you Roadrunner...

Opethian666 said:
Die please. :erk:

tissues.gif

AshDLS said:
If you're judging by profits and commercial success, then of course Satyricon aren't successful, they're a black metal band (to state the fucking obvious). But within the boundaries of black metal, Satyricon is about as successful as it gets. You can't argue with either of those points. Aside from the fact that Pantera are kinda crap, it's not every day you see such a popular metal band taking a black metal band like Satyricon on a huge tour.

The comment of "good in style but mostly boring" is rather contradictory too... whilst Satyricon don't do anything really "out there", so to speak, for the most part they've had somewhat of a distinctive style. They don't sound like they're ripping anyone off, IMHO.

here's my thing. ROADRUNNER RECORDS does not house typical black metal success. They house cradle of filth/dimmu borgir/catchy gothic synth driven black metal success. Satyricon is boring people to death with their "black n' roll" songs. If they don't write a better record, they probably won't attain the results roadrunner, a bigger label, wants.
and with that other comment I made. I meant the band's original style was good (noticably a little different from other black metal at the time, whoopie), but the songs were kinda boring. just my opinion, I'm not bashing anyone who thinks otherwise. Personally, I'd rather listen to a crappy band like Pantera.

np: cowboys from hell.

Pethical said:
id say roadrunner has done a good job so far but i just fear that opeth will get screwed in the future.

agreed. RR isn't interfering much as far as i can tell at the moment, but give it a couple more records and they'll be wanting opeth to be appealing to larger audience, and im not sure they would mind compromising the music to do this. alas, i was worried about GR and they proved me wrong there so this might all be bullshit.