Thanks Germany

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
For those fucking great bands.

Everytime I listen to Accept, Scorpions, Blind Guardian or Rammstein I realize that most of my favourite bands since I was a child are from Germany.

I was a teen in the late 80's and early 90's, I grew up with all those NWOGHM bands like Kreator, Rage, Helloween, Running Wild, Grave Digger and many other bands from the Noise Records label.
The Merry Power Metal of Chroming Rose, Scanner, Heaven's Gate and that generation of high pitched singers were amazing.

Those days I had to order LP, CD, Casettes and T-shirt to Germany, I was probably the first spanish with a Blind Guardian t-shirt... 1991. Now in Spain every young metalhead has one.

Half of my catalogue are from german metal bands, rare bands that really worth to listen like FBI, Gallows Pole, Mind Oddissey, Grinder, Risk, Secrecy...

In metal, Germany is synonym of quality.

Deutsch metal fur immer!

It´s good to read this, man :) There are actually some German bands I also dig..Rammstein, Blind Guardian, Necrophagist (from my hometown) and the almighty Kreator.

Don't forget the mighty SODOM!!

-Joe

Oh yeah, Joe. I really dig this song in German language..it´s called "Der Wachturm". A very cynic and evil piece of metal :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XkoXShP-tA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XkoXShP-tA[/ame]

It´s good to read this, man :) There are actually some German bands I also dig..Rammstein, Blind Guardian, Necrophagist (from my hometown) and the almighty Kreator.

Oh yeah, Joe. I really dig this song in German language..it´s called "Der Wachturm". A very cynic and evil piece of metal :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XkoXShP-tA

I'm a big Necrophagist fan. I've seen them four times I think??

They live in Stuttgart, no?

-Joe

uhm not really into german metal besides blind guardian and sodom.
But I admit I love german's dedication to metal ;), they put a lot of efforts into the music

Haha, yeah, I'll have to second that - not being a big fan of thrash or power metal, that kinda rules Germany out, so I would say the only German band I really like is BG. But hey, dedication indeed! :headbang: But sorry, compared to Sweden and Finland...well, IMO there is no comparison :D

But at least you're better than America - all we ever do is just take awesome Euro styles and dumb them down, taking the generic active ingredient but none of the soul (thank you metalcore :rolleyes: )

AND ZOMG, I just drove to the bank, and blasted Scar Symmetry's "Holographic Universe" (the song in particular) the whole way - despite the fact that I feel the album as a whole is the band's weakest, that song just embodies EVERYTHING I love in my metal, in one neat unspeakably awesome package: tight, cohesive songwriting, the most brutal of growls, the most soaring of clean vox, the most melodic, tight solo'ing, the tightest and heaviest of rhythm playing, the most epically balanced synths (in terms of adding so much without being distracting) - that song is perfection IMO, so thanks Sweden! :D

But sorry, compared to Sweden and Finland...well, IMO there is no comparison :D

It's strange, there's so much metal coming from Finland, but only so very little I enjoy. Hardly any at all, to be exact... Can't really wrap my head around that.

I like some of the Waltari stuff and don't mind me some Moonsorrow... but that's about it.

Sonata Arctica, Insomnium, and Children of Bodom are more than enough to put it in the second place spot for me! :D (and I'm sure there are others, those are just the big 3 that immediately come to mind)

Those don't do anything to me... All these bands: Sonata, Insomnium, Wintersun, Ensiferum etc. bore me to tears.

And I won't even comment any further about COB...

No disrespect to any Fins intended. Interesting folks..

Haha, yeah, I'll have to second that - not being a big fan of thrash or power metal, that kinda rules Germany out, so I would say the only German band I really like is BG. But hey, dedication indeed! :headbang: But sorry, compared to Sweden and Finland...well, IMO there is no comparison :D

Hahaha I think, I´m one of those USA fans here ;)

Metallica, Megadeth, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Pantera...and fucking Slayeeeeer :D

For me GB and USA are the "kingdoms of Metal", although I dig a lot swedish stuff. The two German pearls are "Sieges Even" and Necrophagist" IMO.

I'm a big Necrophagist fan. I've seen them four times I think??

They live in Stuttgart, no?

-Joe

Hey @Joe, they come from Karlsruhe..the best City in south-west Germany :headbang:

Metallica, Megadeth, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Pantera...and fucking Slayeeeeer :D

For me GB and USA are the "kingdoms of Metal", although I dig a lot swedish stuff. The two German pearls are "Sieges Even" and Necrophagist" IMO.

Hey @Joe, they come from Karlsruhe..the best City in south-west Germany :headbang:

Cool man. I actually met Muhammad at a show a couple of years ago. Cool dude. Although he loves the thumbs up in pictures...:lol:

-Joe

You're forgetting Testament and Nevermore man! :D

I like stuff from Poland too...Vader, Decapitated and Behemoth. Three of my favourite bands.

I'm trying to make my band a serious Australian metal contender because there aren't many of us...Psycroptic are probably the biggest and the ones doing the most right now.

Hahaha thumbs up is "groovy" :lol: Unfortunately there is no smiley for it. We need a thumbs up smiley!!

Haha, here we go. I was sun burnt to hell! Outside festival and Necrophagist went on as the sun set, haha. I was drinking beer alllll day.

823439279_l.jpg

-Joe