The Abortion (that is this) Thread

You've never met a woman who blames their emotional state/response on menstruation!?

Uh, yeah they do. I've lost count how many times I have heard menstruation used as an excuse, regardless of where the woman is in relation to her time of the month. Fortunately my wife does not do this.

I never heard this excuse from women. I hear it from men who want to blame what they perceive as irrational emotional outbursts on a woman's menstrual cycle. You're both unconsciously acknowledging the commonly accepted masculine notion that women cannot be otherwise than rational without being somehow affected by their feminine lady parts. In most cases it's men imposing this view on to women; in others, it's men claiming that women use this excuse all the time. Neither view is accurate.

The women I am familiar with do not participate in this excuse, nor do they appreciate it. But according to TB, I live in an alternate reality called "the university" that exists separately from "the real world," so it's quite possible that the woman I know have no biology to speak of.

But according to TB, I live in an alternate reality

Well you're sure in the hell proving it again, as is evident from your last few posts.

I never heard this excuse from women.

What fuckin' planet are you living on?

I hear it from men who want to blame what they perceive as irrational emotional outbursts on a woman's menstrual cycle.

:rolleyes: This is the kind of nonsense expected from a neutered feminazi. So yeah, not surprised here.

I never heard this excuse from women. I hear it from men who want to blame what they perceive as irrational emotional outbursts on a woman's menstrual cycle. You're both unconsciously acknowledging the commonly accepted masculine notion that women cannot be otherwise than rational without being somehow affected by their feminine lady parts. In most cases it's men imposing this view on to women; in others, it's men claiming that women use this excuse all the time. Neither view is accurate.

They could be, but it is a fact that hormones are a significant driver of emotion, and the changes in hormones in relation to ovulation/menstruation are significant. But, again, I wouldn't bother to reference it if I hadn't heard women in every setting I've worked in (to include the university - although not faculty obviously) reference their time of the month as an excuse in some way, even when not technically on their "time".

The women I am familiar with do not participate in this excuse, nor do they appreciate it. But according to TB, I live in an alternate reality called "the university" that exists separately from "the real world," so it's quite possible that the woman I know have no biology to speak of.

Evil Ein, not saying I believe it to be true or a driving force to women's irrationality, but I have heard it many, many times in my life. Men of course use it in their own agenda as well.

:lol:

If men could give birth then there wouldn't be a single criticism of abortion from the usual suspects.

Really lame that instead of participating in this discussion you resort to some sort of hypocritical nature amongst men. How is it that you hate your white male self so much?

What fuckin' planet are you living on?

Unfortunately, the same one that you are. And therefore I have to read your pathetic, irrational, wallowing-in-self-pity tirades every time I come back to this forum.

But I applaud you for not blaming it on your period.

They could be, but it is a fact that hormones are a significant driver of emotion, and the changes in hormones in relation to ovulation/menstruation are significant. But, again, I wouldn't bother to reference it if I hadn't heard women in every setting I've worked in (to include the university - although not faculty obviously) reference their time of the month as an excuse in some way, even when not technically on their "time".

I believe you've heard women say it - I'm not denying that. As far as I'm concerned, women have a right to complain about their period if they want. I'm simply denying that the majority of women appeal to it as an excuse even when they aren't menstruating; and I'm saying that you suggesting this is a widespread phenomenon is actually one of the reasons why it's a problem in the first place.

:lol:

If men could give birth then there wouldn't be a single criticism of abortion from the usual suspects.

Well men can get women pregnant and plenty of people were criticising men for getting women pregnant, in fact before the whole free love hippy thing, in a lot of Western communities, it was the done thing that the man would have to get a job, marry the woman and provide for the family. That was "doing the right thing".

As far as I'm concerned, women have a right to complain about their period if they want. I'm simply denying that the majority of women appeal to it as an excuse even when they aren't menstruating; and I'm saying that you suggesting this is a widespread phenomenon is actually one of the reasons why it's a problem in the first place.

There's a difference between complaining about unpleasant physical symptoms and using it - sometimes even preemptively - as an excuse for antisocial behavior. I'm referring to the latter.

The vulgar generally overlaps with "widespread". The professionally sterile university faculty atmosphere does not represent the majority of people in either America or the world.

Well men can get women pregnant and plenty of people were criticising men for getting women pregnant, in fact before the whole free love hippy thing, in a lot of Western communities, it was the done thing that the man would have to get a job, marry the woman and provide for the family. That was "doing the right thing".

Ah yes, Western societies that have been historically led predominantly by males where most laws and expectations were also governed by males.

Men should just take responsibility for not wanting to wear a condom.

Let me get this straight... Some of you actually believe that if I get pregnant, I have to give birth to it, because of a contraceptive failure? Fite me IRL fagit. I'll show you some PMS.

The vulgar generally overlaps with "widespread". The professionally sterile university faculty atmosphere does not represent the majority of people in either America or the world.

I'll continue to contend this isn't true - there's no authoritative evidence one way or another, so all it comes down to is anecdotal evidence and hearsay.

I'll also continue to contend that affirming this view of women (i.e. that the majority often use their periods as an excuse) is a harmful and alienating perspective, regardless of whether or not it's true. As long as men continue to blame menstruation for particular behavior in women, then you have no right to call women out on it. Even if no women - not a single one - made an excuse of menstruation, men would still make it into an excuse. The argument can even be made that women only use it as a professional excuse now because men started using it as an excuse when women entered the workplace.

wow what a digression who gives a shit about periods.

still no satisfactory rebuttal to the claim that the man should not have to pay child support if:
- he wanted to abort
- she could have aborted
- she chose to give birth

"should've worn a condom"
he didn't, now what? she can abort

"should've talked about it"
they didn't, now what? she can abort

"should be responsible for actions"
it is the woman's action and choice to give birth.

Because women like condoms and beg for them but the privileged mean old males won't provide them even the smallest pleasure. :err:

It doesn't substantially alter the sensation of intercourse for women if men don't wear a condom but men cite that as the main readon they don't wear one. If a man doesn't want a child, he should wear one. Your posturing is cute but irrelevant.

wow what a digression who gives a shit about periods.

still no satisfactory rebuttal to the claim that the man should not have to pay child support if:
- he wanted to abort
- she could have aborted
- she chose to give birth

"should've worn a condom"
he didn't, now what? she can abort

"should've talked about it"
they didn't, now what? she can abort

"should be responsible for actions"
it is the woman's action and choice to give birth.

Why should the woman have to abort? The man could have worn a condom. The woman doesn't have to bow to his whims and undergo a somewhat invasive and very unpleasant medical procedure because the man didn't want to wrap his wee wee even though he knew the risks.

Maybe the man should get a vasectomy if he doesn't want to wear a condom or be a man.

It doesn't substantially alter the sensation of intercourse

I've met women that would beg to differ. Sure, men don't like condoms, but you're acting like the condom/no condom thing is a regular argument. With pill use so widespread, any condom arguments are about STDs anyway, not pregnancy.

This thread has turned into a bunch of whiny men who can't handle being responsible for their own decisions.

Why should the woman have to abort? The man could have worn a condom. The woman doesn't have to bow to his whims and undergo a somewhat invasive and very unpleasant medical procedure because the man didn't want to wrap his wee wee even though he knew the risks.

Maybe the man should get a vasectomy if he doesn't want to wear a condom or be a man.

So abortions are more of a hassle to women than giving birth? Is that your argument? But let's ignore the massively subsidized Plan B pill though.

It's also not about his whims, the focal point of this discussion is that why is a man responsible for taking care of a child he had no interest in having.

"He knew the risks" - Why can this not be "A woman knew the risks" -- I mean christ, can we address this just once?

This thread has turned into a bunch of whiny men who can't handle being responsible for their own decisions.

How can I not say the same thing about women not controlling their reproductive system?

"I shouldn't have to take the pill, a man should wear a condom! Their fault."