The annual "Funny things overheard a progpower" thread

My first time meeting Zak - and he is quite the character... He pulled out his phone saying 'buy low, sell high... no wait now it's buy high, sell low'... Really kewl guy...

haaaaaaaa.... Tess, you need to tell the WHOLE story behind it!!! :lol: Now that was classic! :lol:

:oops::oops:nej!!!!:oops::oops:

Oh, and I didn't respond to your post about the margaritas.... You are soooo welcome!!!!! Glad I contribute to the drunky weekend!!! :)

Who got drunk?! :Smug:

Wish I could have spent more time with you guys...:cry: It went by sooo fast and I was so tired this year. Don't know why... I was totally rested up and ready to roll for the weekend... surely it can't be old age setting in, can it???? :rolleyes:

Ditto.

Me: I've been using pandora to listen to some stuff, it suggest songs for you..
Steve: I just tune in to doble-u, i, pe, ou, de. It plays what I want, when I want, anytime.
Everyone: LOL

Fabian and David of Andromeda play some of their ringtones at the sametime (they wanted us to hear them in stereo :loco:).

Mariuz of Riverside: You know? I gotta get shit done before I turn 33. It's hard being the jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday afternoon, when a nearby construction worker asked me what music festival was in the area. His was the best quote of the weekend.

"I saw some guys outside the hotel earlier who you could tell were rock stars. Not because they were 'acting like rock stars,' you could tell because...they were rock stars!'"

My conversation with Thomas Lejon from Andromeda:
Me: Yeah, my great-grandparents left Sweden about the same time everyone else was. Almost depopulated the country!
Thomas: Yes, there was almost no one left.
Me: Then Norway would have tried to move in. Damn Norwegians.
Thomas: *laughs* Damn them!
Me: Okay, well I'd better go. Tack så mycket
Thomas: *blinks in confusion* What?
Me: Tack så mycket!
Thomas: *beams* Oh! Du welkommen.

That's what it sounded like, anyway. I would have expected varsågod, but that's not what he said.

Okay, so the confusion was a lot more amusing for me as it happened. Doesn't translate to well to text. :p

Thursday afternoon, when a nearby construction worker asked me what music festival was in the area. His was the best quote of the weekend.

"I saw some guys outside the hotel earlier who you could tell were rock stars. Not because they were 'acting like rock stars,' you could tell because...they were rock stars!'"

This was near the Residence Inn, mind you. I didn't think any of the bands were staying there, but to make sure, I asked Freakchylde (PPUSA's driver and 'runner') about it.

"Oh, I'll bet he was talking about Elvenking. I dropped them off at the corner so they could go to Subway."

So, there you have it, folks.... Elvenking doesn't act like rock stars; they ARE rock-stars." :lol:

There's a "c" in tack. Bra försök dock!!!:)

Sorry Johan, but you're not correct on that one ... in Danish there's no "c" in TAK. And, since Annie is my sister-in-law and she hears me talk Danish all the time, and even tries to teach her a bit of Danish here and there, it's a given she would pick up on the Danish way before she'd learn Swedish. So ... she was 100% spot on with the "tak" :headbang:

Sorry Johan, but you're not correct on that one ... in Danish there's no "c" in TAK. And, since Annie is my sister-in-law and she hears me talk Danish all the time, and even tries to teach her a bit of Danish here and there, it's a given she would pick up on the Danish way before she'd learn Swedish. So ... she was 100% spot on with the "tak" :headbang:

Damn, I always forget about the Danes :)

O man, for me last year he couldn't get over the color of my hair. He talked about it for like at least 5 minutes straight on how there should be more red headed women.

I had the same conversation with Zak about the wonderfulness of redheaded women.
He sho'nuf do like 'em, yes he do.

There is not a soul on the planet who is more fun to engage in random improv conversation than Zak Stevens.

Last year, we had a magical drunken few hours of absolutely pointless blather in Nick and Bobbi's room, with much ado about funny-smelling smoke, drinking rum from the bottle, agreeing that Pisceans are indeed the superior species, and slurred declarations of a deep undying mutual love (followed by fifteen minutes of pining for eachother while I went to the lobby and back).

I might add that if anyone gets a chance to ask Zak for a limerick, go for it.

Funniest thing I overheard was on Wednesday night when we were all bunking in Greg's room. As mentioned earlier, because of my snoring problem I got relegated to a room by myself, while two "gentlemen" (trying to protect the guilty here) had to go share a bed together. Julien who was out in the livingroom of the suite says very loudly before we all drift off "Hands above the sheets you guys..."

LOL, still makes me laugh!

Funniest thing I overheard was on Wednesday night when we were all bunking in Greg's room. As mentioned earlier, because of my snoring problem I got relegated to a room by myself, while two "gentlemen" (trying to protect the guilty here) had to go share a bed together. Julien who was out in the livingroom of the suite says very loudly before we all drift off "Hands above the sheets you guys..."

LOL, still makes me laugh!

Funniest part, is I had the cot for one of those gentlemen to sleep on. :D