The best impulses since s-preshigh... And they're free !

I will listen asap hoehlentroll ! And Red Phoenix, I unfortunately don't remember at all which impulses have which poweramp.. some of those were done last year and I havent take any shots of the poweramp settings. So I can't help you with that. I'll take that in consideration for the new ones I'll do (maybe 2 versions with one that has no poweramp curve imprinted or maybe just write down the correct chain and settings).

Really glad everyone is liking them ! Rygar91, yes andrew's impulse sound sick with some eq work and can do better in certain situations for sure. The title was just to catch people's attention, Idt those are the holy grail but they are good nonetheless and I'm happy people are using it :)

Tested it out on the Kemper :) The Telos DesIRe sound awesome IMO! Killer work, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
These sound sick. I'm gonna use them on my next project. The JTW cabs are sick if you blend them, but I think they're sub par when using only one of the mics in the pack. These sound sick with just one mic! hell yeah

Heyas Redline4,

first of all thank you for sharing, super cool!

I started a IR-related thread the other day http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/backline/955511-what-ir-do-you-prefer-sinbreed-track-edit.html and just came across your posting.

So i did a rough mix (below) with two of your IRs, sounds killer man!

If i may add my thoughts.
You rule for providing them in 24bit@44.100! So many IR come 96 and 48.000... I don't get it.
I was wondering if you do your IR in Length of 2,000 s on purpose? All of my IR are around 0,050 s. If listening carefully, e.g. stopping DAW playback, there is a delay noticeable. Has the length of 2 s such impact on the sound, or how come? I'm curious checking those IR in short.
So no offence, just pointing out what comes across my mind.

Keep up the good stuff, I'll definitely check this post frequently.

http://cs.hosteurope.de/sinbreed/pub/gtrsnd/Sinbreed-redline-telos-RVSaphIR.wav

http://cs.hosteurope.de/sinbreed/pub/gtrsnd/Sinbreed-redline-telos-DesIRe.wav

Yeah, good point. I think the higher sample rate is for a truer recreation of the cab's EQ curve but in all honesty I think 44 is enough since 1. I couldnt really hear an objective difference 2. It's mostly if you process the IRs intensively that those extra sampling points are necessary and these aren't much. The lenght is only because of how I learned to do it. Generate a sine wave with voxengo's deconvolver, then the recorded sine ''should'' be a bit longer. Don't exactly remember why but I know there was a legitimate reason. I just always did it that way and it works for me.

Glad people seem to dig the EP. These Impulses are great, Tropicana is my personal favorite out of the bunch.

Sure ! IIRC,

DesIre -------> 6505 poweramp, mesa OS, sm57 + D6
off_axis ------> 5153 poweramp, mesa OS, sm57
#4 -----------> 5153 poweramp, mesa OS, sm57 + MD421
RV SaphIR --> Rockerverb poweramp, mesa OS, sm57
Julep --------> Rockerverb poweramp, Orange PPC, sm57
Tropicana ---> 6505 poweramp, Orange PPC, sm57 + MD421

Most are on axis, at about 1 to 3 inches from the grill cloth into my art mpa reference mic pre (upgraded tubes). Unfortunately, I didnt note down all the specific information like precense and resonance settings and the exact position of each mics. And I'm not even sure of what I stated above since some were made over 1 year ago already.

As you can see, there isnt much variations hence why I want to do more and sell an elaborate package including a lot more microphones and also the 1960a cab and also to try some other poweramps.