The best mix will be the chosen one

Nice ambience around your mix. Vocs could be a bit lower in the mix and samples could be louder. Nice production "tricks" you made! Although your mix seems modern-like, it sounds to me a bit squashed. I prefer more "living" mixes... Listen Do you think you can figuire out how to make the sound more similar to them?
Otherwise your mix is great and guys are loving it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ambience around your mix. Vocs could be a bit lower in the mix and samples could be louder. Nice production "tricks" you made! Although your mix seems modern-like, it sounds to me a bit squashed. I prefer more "living" mixes... Listen August Burns Red - Empire Do you think you can figuire out how to make the sound more similar to them?

Thanks! :) I'll throw that song in for refference, and make some adjustments, the next time I can sit with this mix again (probably next weekend) :)

Nice ambience around your mix. Vocs could be a bit lower in the mix and samples could be louder. Nice production "tricks" you made! Although your mix seems modern-like, it sounds to me a bit squashed. I prefer more "living" mixes... Listen August Burns Red - Empire Do you think you can figuire out how to make the sound more similar to them?

I'm glad you like ABR becuase while I'm mixing this all I keep thinking about is how I want to make it sound like ABR lol

labelchild-> Can't wait for your ABRish mix :) I figured out that Ignite free VSTs could be right way for the guitars. Bass sounds best with Ampeg SVX. Drums need a lot of gate in every drum track except OHs and room. You can use samples I uploaded. :)

Any chance of a midi file with the tempo built onto it? having some issues getting the tracks in time. Cheers

Don't need any! just a midi file I can import that has the tempos on it so i can get everything lined up to the grid, that would be great.

those MEGA links dont work and the dropbox links are "invalid". Get your shit together wreptile! :lol:

I'm afraid that you're the first who is not able to download our shit.

labelchild-> Do you think that exporting in higher level would be the right way?

Yeah, unless those hit were recorded that low in which case you're screwed. Were those hits recorded at a very low level? I still need to know when the vox are supposed to start at the begging.

Do you guys like a super poppy sturgis/sneap style of snare drum or do you like the flatter more "thwap" snares like august burns red newest CD