The Best of Opeth

I decided to post something positive.

I have most Opeth tabs on my PC, and they are great even if they are not 100% correct. It's easy to fix as needed, and somewhat fun to think you have a better ear than the transcriber.

I've gotta agree here. The majority of tab books have mistakes in them, even the ones written by the artists themselves. I would imagine this is more the fault of misprints and a bad editor than just blatantly tabbing something wrong. Even Emperor's tab book, which is transcribed by Ihsahn, has a big error on one of the songs (An Inno A Satana guitar riff is transcribed the same as the bassline when it is clearly moving around in different octaves.)

The point of buying these books is to have fun figuring it out on your own with a little help, and if you are smart enough to catch the mistakes, and PLAY THEM CORRECTLY, then you're alot further then when you started. It's not like they put gigantic-large print money back guarantees in these books if something is transcribed wrong.

If anything, we should be glad they didn't rip off wankerness' tabs, even though they aren't all as perfect as he thinks they are :p

Hey man, I said that the bleak tab has some things in it that are better, just it also has a lot of weird things that are crappier. I'm curious to see the whole book cause I'm sure it has a bunch of corrections. My guess is the fact I've seen them live several times, downloaded live bootlegs of all the songs i've transcribed that have live bootlegs, and studied how they play most of things probably makes me more qualified to get some of the "opethian" stuff (the weird chords, etc) right than whatever random people they had transcribe it, but they undoubtedly have greatly superior audio equipment than me and thus can hear subtleties MUCH better on the original recording.

So the book is pretty good, and like I figured, there are little mistakes here and there, nothing that isn't obvious. Some stuff is chorded differently than you think it would be. The biggest problem is that the Ghost Reveries songs have arrangements for guitars in regular drop 6 tuning with additional guitars in the DADFAE tuning that they're supposed to all be in, but that's nothing a little transposing won't fix...

And I swear that the clean guitar part in Grand Conjuration is way easier to chord with the DADFAD tuning...

So the book is pretty good, and like I figured, there are little mistakes here and there, nothing that isn't obvious. Some stuff is chorded differently than you think it would be. The biggest problem is that the Ghost Reveries songs have arrangements for guitars in regular drop 6 tuning with additional guitars in the DADFAE tuning that they're supposed to all be in, but that's nothing a little transposing won't fix...

And I swear that the clean guitar part in Grand Conjuration is way easier to chord with the DADFAD tuning...

Wow, why the hell would they do that? If they managed to transcribe it all in drop D it would be one thing, but having guitars with different tunings in the same song is just stupid and makes it impossible to play all the way through. I really don't understand the logic there.

ok so does anyone have problems with the book??? like i was looking at ghost of perdition and it only gives you the tempo for the intro, which is still weird, and then it goes into the rest of the song like we're supposed to know it...so anyone share my problem??? oh and it like that with the rest of the book...but all in all it's ok

also i have guitar pro so im trying to put the song on there and i guess the person who transcribed the whole book fucked up cause A)some measures don't make sense or B)maybe im not doing it right but im pretty sure i am...please someone help me or anyone else with this problem!! :)

Wow, why the hell would they do that? If they managed to transcribe it all in drop D it would be one thing, but having guitars with different tunings in the same song is just stupid and makes it impossible to play all the way through. I really don't understand the logic there.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:ROFL:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: too funny I'd die laughing if I saw that in concert.

Mike: "hurry get my other guitar!"

or even better stopping in the middle of the concert

Mike: "hold on I have to re-tune my guitar"

I got the book today after almost a month of waiting and to tell u the truth I'm pretty disappointed... the transcription are too damn complex and a bit different from what I'm used to play plus there are some points where I know Mike and Peter play it differently!:erk:
They appeared to transcribe every beep that in the records and it kindda confusing when u have about 7-8 guitars transcribes per one song... one guitar is doing 'AH' while the other is doing 'BAH'... wtf?!? just give us the damn riff so we can play it like in live show and that's it!

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Does anyone have this on pre-order? According to Amazon it gets released on the 9th. I really don't want to blindly support this company with my money after their treatment of me, but I'm intrigued as to how this turned out. I was relieved to find that only one of the tabs in there is of a song I sent them my transcription of, but I did transcribe about 2/3 of them and I'm curious as to how their versions compare. It's entirely possible they're much better done. Does anyone have the book that can share?

And did they rip off the ones on powertabs.net? There isn't a song in the book that wasn't done to extreme accuracy on that site, besides maybe Windowpane and Ghost of Perdition (yes, I admit there are a couple sections of that song I'm pretty much clueless on).

what did they do exactly? and legal issues? i have a few of your tabs that i downloaded awhile back...thanks for those. power tab (and its community) is awesome.