The best riff ever made!

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
I'm just listening to 'In Death, a Song' and I have just realized it has the best sounding riff EVER, anywhere!

The part from 1.34 to 1.54, it is just so goddamn catchy, groovy AND full of darkness!!

And here it is again at 2.56...........to 3.12!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:worship: :worship:

I'll have to get my hands on some Katatonia. =/

In the meantime; The opening riff to Fleshcrawl's 'Dying Blood', and...hmmm, 28 seconds into 'Ravenous War Machine' by Blood Red Throne.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom

*waits for Requiem to say he doesn't like it* :p

:lol: No comment.

Although there are many great riffs that spring to mind, I particularly enjoy:

The main riff in 'For My Demons'- Katatonia and the main riff from Anthema's 'Angelica'. That's pretty powerful....
But obviously there are thousands.

all you mentioned are great...here is one more...the opening few riffs on "moonlapse vertigo" by opeth...how about that?

but if you're asking for something from katatonia, i'll say this: (and you knew it was coming) DEADHOUSE!

Originally posted by phyre
That's funny, because earlier today I was listening to Endtime and thought to myself "OMG THAT MUST BE THE BEST LEAD MELODY EVER" about the part that comes just before the first Åkerfeldt-screams in the song.

funny, but I'm just listening to Endtime right now......the lead is just awesome.

"when the day is gone, there's no wish to sleep"

If this is gonna turn into some sort of vote, I'll go for Opeth - Advent, the riff underneath "It was all true, the parlour strode, and the night sets forever, I stray in the quiet cold, and you gird me when I dare to listen".

:headbang: :headbang:

well, for me the best riff is the main riff of "strained" or "right into the bliss".
The "brave" one is super.

If we get apart from katatonia I'd like to mention "zero" from the smashing pumpkins and "same deep water as you" of the cure.

The greatest riff [at least, the most stunning, in my opinion] is:

Opeth - The Twilight is My Robe - 2:11-3:03

Repeated listens of that said riff prompted me to pick up my dust-covered guitar and it has not been put down since.

Honorable mention:

Opeth - Serenity Painted Death - intro riff
Death - To Forgive is to Suffer - intro/chorus
My Dying Bride - The Sexuality of Bereavement - 2:25-4:16
Megadeth - Tornado of Souls - breakdown
Megadeth - Hangar 18 - intro
Dissection - Thorns of Crimson Death - verse
Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie - chorus
Emperor - An Elegy of Icaros - 3:34-4:57
Cradle of Filth - Beneath the Howling Stars - 1:04-1:37
Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace - outro
Arch Enemy - Bury Me an Angel - intro/chorus
Arch Enemy - Dead Inside - intro/verse

And thousands of others...

Originally posted by Don Corleone
exactly...i get the goosebumps whenever i listen to that part. amazing melody.

You're not alone. ;) I've said this before, but once again - that BRI part must be the best section of music I've come across by anyone.