The Busses from Baarlo

hellfleet

Brit lost in Europe
Sep 28, 2008
Limburg, NL
Hey there,
I've only been in the netherlands a few weeks therefore i'm still getting used to the lay of the land here (i actually live in Limburg now) but Baarlo seems pretty inaccessable. Could some kind person point me to a bus timetable?

I need to get to Roermond sunday night after threshold finish fairly swiftish to catch a train. Anyone know when the busses are, how long they take?

Anyone heading to venlo or roermond straight away after the last band with a spare car seat etc?

Ell

Ps. I'll be coming to the sunday on my own so if anyone feels like saying hi send me a message :)

I hate to say it, but at that hour you might need to splurge on a taxi to Venlo! If the bands start late you might find yourself having to leave during the show :err: It's expensive (20e or so?), but there are often people headed to hotels in Venlo to share with.

... and the singing of ZILTOID.

How long is the walk? 2km? Depending on my sobriety and the craziness of the group we're walking with it can last from 5 to 75 "perceived" minutes :D

How far is the Castle from the venue? Walking distance? Or Bus? Taxi?
Walking: 20-25 min (don't underestimate it! The castle is a bit outside of Baarlo.)
Bicycle: 10 min (the ideal solution!) :)

I drive a station wagon which I also use as "garage" for my bike. Last year (-> my first PPE), I was too lazy to unload it before driving to Baarlo. It turned out to be a perfect decision. Having my bike with me allowed me to ride back to the castle when I did not like some band (which only happened a few times; the average quality level of the bands was impressive). Walking back and forth would not have been worthwhile.

@hellfleet: I sent you a PM. I have a spare place and I am passing Roermond on my way to Baarlo.

It's true - you don't want to make more than two round trips per day from the Kasteel to the Venue or you'll miss too much. Plan on leaving the venue at 12:30pm and returning at 1-3am and don't worry if you're not sure the walking route since we tend to move in herds :D

and I'm sure, like last year, there'll be some drunken bandmembers being shuttled to and from the castle at some point :p

Maybe we can get the guys from Suspyre crazy enough to jump out of the bushes, so people can follow the trail of americans with scrapes from barbed wire, like the guys from Meyvn did? :p Though we can't be sure we can rely on New Jersey crazyness to surpass Texan crazyness :p

I cycle the route from the venue to the castle avery day (it is on my route to college), and by bike it should take you somewhere between 5(sober) and 15(dzjust had afjeew drinkzz) minutes.

We've been thinkin' about rent a bike for the weekend..
But then we would miss the spectular walks:)

Having made their way through pigspace, Captain Spectacular and his intrepid crew have arrived at Kasteel De Berckt.

Unbeknownst to the humans, Ziltoid has also arrived

Haha! Surprise!

Oh! Back to the original point of this topic since I had to go through this exercise earlier today! Rene has linked a great Dutch site (9292, the Public transport information www.9292ov.nl) for corrdinating transportation, but it's only in Dutch from what I can tell. However, it's pretty straight forward if you know:

Vertrek: Departure
Van: From
Naar: To
Aankomst: Arrival
Reistijd: Journey time
Overstappen: Transfers (geen = none)
Hoe: How (lopen = walk and richting = direction of)