The Butterfly Effect

metal17

May 21, 2002
North Bethesda, Maryland
What is we could go back in time to right a wrong? Renew a relationship? Fix something that was broken? We all have moments when we wish we could change something. Right a wrong. Correct a mistake. Gain love or power. What is we really could?

I can't wait to see this movie!

ashton kutcher playing a serious role is like having jim carrey play adolf hitler. just not a good idea.

and as for the premise, i think its promising. when i went and saw BIG FISH (which i think coincidentally is easily in my top 10 movies ever) i saw the preview. the fat bully kid from boy meets world is in it, with fucked up hair and a big ass skeleton shirt. looks funny

anywho, i think mental astral projection is a possability, but the technology wont be prevalent for years. i dont know if physical time travel can ever happen, but i hope it will. the whole "butterfly" effect is changing or altering events in a way that can upset the balance of the universe.

if you were to meet yourself in the past, would time erase itself? of if you bought a camera and took pictures of the past, will they appear?

anyways, i dont know how many of you are up at 2-5 in the morning like myself, but if you are, check out am 1100. coast to coast am. its a show about weird paranormal things, including the possability of time travel. www.coasttocoastam.com

GO SEE THIS. Well, ok, the Ashton Kucher thing was a little hard for me, but I liked the trailer. And, a friend of a friend co-wrote and directed. That's 1 degree of separation and I support my friend's friends.Deathstrike, Big Fish is also on my list of top ten for the year.

This one's for our sick compatriot: Chromatose

The Squid and the Whale
Bill Murray
Laura Linney
John Turtorro

The patriarch (Bill Murray) of an eccentric Brooklyn family claims to once have been a great novelist, but he has settled into a teaching job. When his wife (Laura Linney) discovers a writing talent of her own, jealousy divides the family, leaving two teenage sons to forge new relationships with their parents. Linney's character begins dating her younger son's tennis coach (John Turturro). Meanwhile, Murray's character has an affair with the student his older son is pursuing.

Okay, there's no real squid, I'm sorry, but does Bill Murray make up for it?

Because we all know how possible time travel is...especially with Ashton Kutcher involved!

Looks like the movie industry got Punk'd

*cough*

Aecliptica said:
yep that movie looks awesome, but isnt "the butterfly effect" something along the lines of a butterfly flaps its wings in ccanada and causes a tornado in mexico?
that's the way it worked in the movie. he goes back in time to fix something and it ends up screwing every one life up one way or another.

Lillitu said:
This one's for our sick compatriot: Chromatose

The Squid and the Whale
Bill Murray
Laura Linney
John Turtorro

The patriarch (Bill Murray) of an eccentric Brooklyn family claims to once have been a great novelist, but he has settled into a teaching job. When his wife (Laura Linney) discovers a writing talent of her own, jealousy divides the family, leaving two teenage sons to forge new relationships with their parents. Linney's character begins dating her younger son's tennis coach (John Turturro). Meanwhile, Murray's character has an affair with the student his older son is pursuing.

Okay, there's no real squid, I'm sorry, but does Bill Murray make up for it?
:D
Yeah, I told him about this movie awhile ago by searching imdb for "squid"

And Carrey as Hitler.... omg. :tickled:

Stealer of Dreams said:
It looks interesting, but the fact that it has Staind in the soundtrack and Aston Kutcher is kind of making me not want to see it.
I assume Stained is the song that was playign the trailer, hehe, I liked how the song started up but as soon as they ring out the guitars I got annoyed.