The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

definitely all floyds are destined to rust!specially those who live in a humid place like I do! humidity is sometimes 98% here. but I guess the finish is much more effective than I thought.

In my honest opinion, floyd trems, even ORIGINAL ones (like mine), are very cheaply made compared to what they cost. I already have a stripped screw in mine!

I'd guess the rust resistance has something to do with the color coating. They're probably all made from the same metal.

On the Alexi guitars, are they all original floyd rose except the alexi-200?

In my honest opinion, floyd trems, even ORIGINAL ones (like mine), are very cheaply made compared to what they cost. I already have a stripped screw in mine!

I'd guess the rust resistance has something to do with the color coating. They're probably all made from the same metal.

On the Alexi guitars, are they all original floyd rose except the alexi-200?

I believe LTD's and later models of the Edwards's has Floyd-2000 or something called like that, non originals ...

first models of the Edwards versions has Original floydroses and ofc the ESP and custom shop models

Later RR24s as well. None of my 10 guitars rust anything. And I live at the cost of northern Norway. :p

you can put an schraller floyd in an RR24, the RR24 has space for an Original floyd Rose (standard floyd rose recessed)
schraller is smaller and WILL fit !,

example is Alexi Laiho's Old Green Jackson (same as an RR24 sort of) and he had an Original gold floydrose in there, he took that out and put an Black Schraller floyd in there !

Nunofrg, if you buy an Edwards Nowdays youll get an Chinese Floydrose to, well not sure if the Floyd-2000 is chinese, But it isnt an Original Floyd rose. Only the first couple of XXX numbers production models had Original Floydroses, they went the cheaper way afterwards :(

My 2006 red beveled RR24 came with a german made original floyd rose. And yeah, the info about schaller is correct. Only disanvantage on the schaller is the baseplate. It is made of a lighter metal and is prone to usage damage on the intonation screw-holes.

Wow now I'm second guessing of my guitar is original floyd...? My Korean-made Alexi Laiho hand-signed LTD Alexi-600 model number W0800044 has a Floyd. Original?

My 2006 red beveled RR24 came with a german made original floyd rose. And yeah, the info about schaller is correct. Only disanvantage on the schaller is the baseplate. It is made of a lighter metal and is prone to usage damage on the intonation screw-holes.

how can you distinguish the German from the Korean? I've never seen a German one yet! or maybe I have seen but didn't realize it!

how can you distinguish the German from the Korean? I've never seen a German one yet! or maybe I have seen but didn't realize it!

you have to take your floyd out and see in the back whats written there. if it says made in germany well, its german.

you have to take your floyd out and see in the back whats written there. if it says made in germany well, its german.

That and it feels more stiff, and as you guys says it rusts and gets damage faster.

The german made one is more fluent and isn't rusting as easily. Feels like its got better materials.

20121017_225623.jpg

Here is a picture of my other original JE-1000. It isn't working at the moment, think it got some loose components. So I bent a transistor a little back so that you can see the the component numnbers and such.

Thanks dude! I still haven't quite gotten around to even ordering the parts for my JE-1000 build, but I'll get there.

Now that we are still talking about gainboosters and shit, in how/wich ways is the ALX-ABQ EQ is the same as an MM04 ? cause ive never got it, its smaller it got diffrent components on it. so how is the sound diffrents ?

It's gainier, and got a little bit more "wah" effect than the MM-04. Other than that, they are kind of the same really.