The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

guys could anyone compare the 88 and 87 Gp1000? are they really different in sound? the way people talk about the 87 model kinda implies it sucks! how reliable are those comments?

Could anybody link me to the articles or give me the name of the magazine where Alexi or somebody related to the band says that Alexi used a 5150/5150II on Something Wild/Hatecrew Deathroll?
Or was this just information by the guy who used to own scythes-of-bodom?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I recall that they identified the 5150 on the Milwaukee Gig in '00 (?) and simply decuded it to at least Something Wild. It may have appeared in some Videos/Pictures (Like the recording of HCDR Picture).

I recall that they identified the 5150 on the Milwaukee Gig in '00 (?) and simply decuded it to at least Something Wild. It may have appeared in some Videos/Pictures (Like the recording of HCDR Picture).

Probably in some studio pictures, but I can recall this really old interview I read in 2002 or something where Alexi said he'd used Peavey 5150 II for his upcoming album (Hatecrew Deathroll). And that the volume could not be controlled due to the lack of poweramp master volume. Making it a nightmare to record with the levels :p No wonder they didn't bring that setup out on the road (that much).

Most likely a Peavey classic 50/50 poweramp + the GP-1000. That was his 2002-2004 setup.

Actually, I was watching the video closely, and Alexander is using Sansamp, shure wireless unit and Marshall 50/50 poweramp or 9200, which basiclly is the old name of it. Great poweramp, but hella expensive :p

Alexis rack is also visable but dark, he is definatly using the GP-1000/intellifex combo thought :p

he seemd to use the Classic 50/50 in tuska, same year but the lead Sound alexi's got in japan 03 is just Awesome. aspecially during SNBN! and the solo's and the sound in tuska is slightly diffrent. could this be because of an diffrent poweramp ? or can it be an diffrent way of mixing ?

Edit:

did a quick compare looks pretty much 50/50 to me how about to ?
pic2wt.png

check this.
watch this vid in HD full screen, Pause at 1:52 and check the amps on the right. the poweramp got lights on the leftside of the amp, not Peavey 50/50 alike wich is told in the first post Nor in our Japan 2003 comparing

Last edited by a moderator:
he seemd to use the Classic 50/50 in tuska, same year but the lead Sound alexi's got in japan 03 is just Awesome. aspecially during SNBN! and the solo's and the sound in tuska is slightly diffrent. could this be because of an diffrent poweramp ? or can it be an diffrent way of mixing ?

Edit:

did a quick compare looks pretty much 50/50 to me how about to ?
pic2wt.png

check this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwZRYsPAKyM watch this vid in HD full screen, Pause at 1:52 and check the amps on the right. the poweramp got lights on the leftside of the amp, not Peavey 50/50 alike wich is told in the first post Nor in our Japan 2003 comparing

Yeah seems much like it for the 2003 Japan picture. But look again at the Tuska video, the poweramp is above the rack case. I think it is some power-source at the bottom with the left light. But the poweramp at the top is just like the old version of the Peavey 50/50, and we got pictures from the show which comfirms it even more.

Sounding different: Well at Tuska he is using his ESP which is a total different guitar, he was also using EMG HZ with a Boss SD-1. And different mixing, and they switched from Shure mics to Audix about then as well.

Sounding different: Well at Tuska he is using his ESP which is a total different guitar, he was also using EMG HZ with a Boss SD-1. And different mixing, and they switched from Shure mics to Audix about then as well.

Yeah But he used the Same guitar in Sixpounder as he used in Japan

some reason i just cant get to like the weird ass rip off shape of that guitar, and WTF is up with those grover tuners instead of gotoh :(

colour wise its a charm, those inlays are damn sexy !

Love the colors, but they really should have used gold hardware, or even black. The chrome only looks good on white guitars, IMO.

The should offer the guitar without the skull on it and just include a sticker for those that do want it on.

Kind of surprised it doesn't have the EMG-ALX in it. Anyone know what HZ p/U it is?