The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

thats an ESP model they only sold in Finland a few years back, i believe it was an ESP -RV MMV EPI from this forum has one, probably more, they where sold in black with w pinstripe and white with well above picture ;)

but after some research im starting to wondering, didnt the mmv had diffrent inlays ?, makes this an RV alexi with an extra route for the neck pickup (selfmade)

Yep, ESP RV, there were a couple of models made (white pinstripes, sawtooth like pinstripes, plain black...) and they were not Alexi signature models, although it's pretty safe to assume they were inspired in his signature model.

Does anyone know which Model this is? It is same as Alexi with 2 Humbucker, but not an Alexi Model :D

71865_560786673945151_580550248_n.jpg

Btw this is Pekka Kokko and a Pic is from Kalmah's FB Page ;)

It's a ESP SV. Only available in Finland Japan & Australia (I think).

sv_std.jpg

Thanks.

But why two EMG 81? Not really even a fan of active pickups, but I've never heard of that pickup in the neck position.

Thanks.

But why two EMG 81? Not really even a fan of active pickups, but I've never heard of that pickup in the neck position.
That guitar came out around 2004-2005 with two EMGs 81's to be a good pendant to Jackson RR guitars. I owned one for two years but sold it because I didn't need two pickups.
I won't lie but I think Alexi used this guitar as a basic for his guitars. Too bad that guitar isn't a good seller because of the Alexi 600 series...

In Kalmah new Studio Diary you can now see more from the ESP SV, seems like this is Anttis new Guitar.

I was thinking there only playing Amfisounds Guitars, like the bassist:
http://www.amfisound.fi/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

It's a bit weird innit? I played one back in 2006 and it was pretty good- it just sounds a bit thicker in the neck position but pretty useless if you practice a lot cause you can just get away with a single pickup. It's like having a tone knob for a bridge pickup and turning it counter clockwise a tiny bit.

You can buy a RR24 still online for cheaper then pimp it out- I was gonna buy the SV but ended up on the Jackson cause it was on sale and was about $900 cheaper than the ESP (Australia is a fucking rip off- the Jackson used to sell for around the same price as the ESP). Hate painted necks but it's a great guitar. Always remember you can spend all the money you save customizing it to the way you want ;)

It's a bit weird innit? I played one back in 2006 and it was pretty good- it just sounds a bit thicker in the neck position but pretty useless if you practice a lot cause you can just get away with a single pickup. It's like having a tone knob for a bridge pickup and turning it counter clockwise a tiny bit.

You can buy a RR24 still online for cheaper then pimp it out- I was gonna buy the SV but ended up on the Jackson cause it was on sale and was about $900 cheaper than the ESP (Australia is a fucking rip off- the Jackson used to sell for around the same price as the ESP). Hate painted necks but it's a great guitar. Always remember you can spend all the money you save customizing it to the way you want ;)

Jackson stopped producing RR24's in 2010, so it's pretty damn hard to find them around for a good price. I really want one!!!