The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

I lurk on ebay all the time. I can never find anything really. Or it's just over priced. Like that Gold one. If it's new, yeah it's totally worth $1,200. If not I'd say maybe 8-900$ like the white one. I find RR24's all the time used over 1000$.

That's what they used to cost (actually it's a lot less for the gold one)- don't see how you'd think they would be cheaper since they're out of production?

I'm not saying they should be cheaper. If it's a brand new RR24, yeah it's gonna be worth some money. But if it's used, has some wear on it like I said I think it should be around 8-900$

Damn.....$1000.00 for a used RR24??? Fuck that.

When I bought my RR24M it was on sale for $599.99 new....I know the sales manager at that Sam Ash and ended up walking out the door with it and it's hardshell case for about $98.00. The other employees jaws were just on the ground when they saw what I got for the price I got......the stars must have aligned for me that day.

My favorite guitar I have ever owned.....it will always be with me.

IMAG0044.jpg

Almost all the hardware has been changed out for gold...except the tremolo. Last thing I need for it. I even sourced some gold screws for the EMG-ALX pick up to replace the black ones it comes with. Best upgrade though, IMO, for any tremolo equipped guitar would be a big brass block. That thing really makes this guitar growl and come alive. The tone just sounds so much bigger with it in.

When I bought my RR24M it was on sale for $599.99 new....I know the sales manager at that Sam Ash and ended up walking out the door with it and it's hardshell case for about $98.00. The other employees jaws were just on the ground when they saw what I got for the price I got......the stars must have aligned for me that day.

IMAG0044.jpg

Almost all the hardware has been changed out for gold...except the tremolo. Last thing I need for it. I even sourced some gold screws for the EMG-ALX pick up to replace the black ones it comes with. Best upgrade though, IMO, for any tremolo equipped guitar would be a big brass block. That thing really makes this guitar growl and come alive. The tone just sounds so much bigger with it in.

I bought my RR24 Limited edition in januari in used condition but no wear on it. for 700 euros...was good deal for that guitar :D

IMAG0044.jpg

I think that may be a cheaper model of a RR24 it looks like it may have cheaper wood.

Maple fretboard = + 666 to awesomeness.
Nice axe.

Thanks!.....and I agree.

I personally prefer a maple boards over the ebony. I have a 4 guitars right now, 1 with maple board, 1 with ebony, and 2 with rosewood, and out of them I prefer the maple. It has a brighter sound than the others and I just prefer the light maple color on top of an almost all black guitar.

I work with wood doors and just have a thing for maple...especially birds eye maple...that shit is like sex in a wood grain.

It's all personal preference. If you want the ebony version deff. get one, don't settle for something you really are not wanting, especially if you are going to be spending 1k or more on it.

Hope you can find a guitar you are looking for....I just think $1000.00 for a used one is WAY too much money for that guitar, but I don't know where you are from. That just may be what they cost where you are at.

Im a fan of Ebony, I just liek playing on ebony, i like the feel.
maple gets dirty very quick and it shows dirt immediatly also :\

Im a fan of Ebony, I just liek playing on ebony, i like the feel.
maple gets dirty very quick and it shows dirt immediatly also :

Well maple will get no dirtier than ebony, it just shows more on the maple.

I will say that once I got this guitar I made it a point to wash my hands very well before playing it, and giving it a good wipe down after I was done. Since then I just do that with any guitar I play and they stay ALOT nicer.

And not all maple gets too dirty. Some maple boards are unfinished, those get dirty quick if you don't give them the care they need. The RR24M has like a clear coat over the board so it really doesn't get that dirty and when it does it wipes right off.

I have a question you guys. How much would you say a Mint condition ESP LTD Alexi 600 Greeny Signed by Alexi himself and possibly played by him would go for?

I have a question you guys. How much would you say a Mint condition ESP LTD Alexi 600 Greeny Signed by Alexi himself and possibly played by him would go for?

Personally, I wouldn't pay anymore for it than I would any used LTD Alexi 600 Greeny. Since they are about $1000.00 new, I would probably pay $700-800 for it. I could honestly give a shit if it is signed by Alexi or played by him......he is just human like the rest of us.

Personally, I wouldn't pay anymore for it than I would any used LTD Alexi 600 Greeny. Since they are about $1000.00 new, I would probably pay $700-800 for it. I could honestly give a shit if it is signed by Alexi or played by him......he is just human like the rest of us.

Yes, But it is also his line of guitars. So atleast the signature will be worth more. I'm not asking for what you would pay for, I'm asking how much you would think it would go for in the general market.

it would worth as much as somebody would pay for it.
I'd say 800$ too, but there could be people who'd pay more for that autograph
ull just need to find somebody for whom it'd be worth more

it would worth as much as somebody would pay for it.
I'd say 800$ too, but there could be people who'd pay more for that autograph
ull just need to find somebody for whom it'd be worth more

Well I'm not going to sell it for a while. Probably not until they come out with a new model and stop making the Greeny. I just want to be able to sell it when I need to and make more money than I spent, y'know?

Yes, But it is also his line of guitars. So atleast the signature will be worth more. I'm not asking for what you would pay for, I'm asking how much you would think it would go for in the general market.

1.ugly skull
no more then 500 bucks....i know thats the price of an alexi-200..but i own an alexi 200 and it aint worth half of their price.

so for the greeny i'd pay 500 bucks signed doesnt add anything special unless ur die-hard fan