The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Most likely it was repainted before Alexi even got it, he probably didn't even know, and yes, 2nd hand

Or maybe he got it re-painted afterwards because he was huge Stone/Roope Latvala fan? Seems more probable to me. Guitar could have also had 2 humbuckers originally then...

Too bad that Jackson CS wouldn't check their logs for CS guitars they built...they could easily solve the mystery with that...

The WildChild RR has never had a black FR. :confused:
Then how could the wildchild have Black OFR studs?

According to people who dug up info about the guitar out of hte serial number, it was made in 1989, had black hardware (proof of this is the black studs, instead of gold studs), and it was most likely actually Pink, before it got resprayed, though that detail was unsure due to the fact that they didnt get the last number of the serial, but it fit with the rest of the details.
True.

Hey Mitch, I was just Wondering didn't Alexi Use The Lee Jackson Perfect in Blooddrunk?

I don't know.

Then how could the wildchild have Black OFR studs?

I don't know what you mean by "studs". Any part of the bridge can be replaced and so can the nut. Since there's guys here talking about a possible re-paint, then it's also possible that the bridge was black to begin with but as far as I know, it's been gold since '99.

If it was 2nd hand, made in 1989, maybe had 2 humbuckers and was a different colour, when we say "custom shop", we're pretty much saying that Alexi didn't order it himself, right?

This is really confusing since we have no facts.

Yup, I wish Janne still lurked here like during HCD era and a bit later, then he'd have been a great help. Nowadays I don't think he'd help us even if he could as he seems so fucking tired of this forum.

I don't know if I posted this yet but.....its the legendary Stone guitar in the hands of someone other than Alexi!

l_a6541d5daaf9fb0e2fc2acc88f940e52.jpg

I don't know if I posted this yet but.....its the legendary Stone guitar in the hands of someone other than Alexi!

l_a6541d5daaf9fb0e2fc2acc88f940e52.jpg
Isn't that jiri? previous owner of the stone guitar?

I don't know what you mean by "studs". Any part of the bridge can be replaced and so can the nut. Since there's guys here talking about a possible re-paint, then it's also possible that the bridge was black to begin with but as far as I know, it's been gold since '99.
I'm talking about these parts:
frsigld.jpg

The studs you use to adjust the OFR height.

Since the green pinstripe guitar has Gold studs and a black bridge. And the wildchild has black studs and a gold bridge. Go figure.
If it was 2nd hand, made in 1989, maybe had 2 humbuckers and was a different colour, when we say "custom shop", we're pretty much saying that Alexi didn't order it himself, right?

This is really confusing since we have no facts.
Nope, alexi didnt order the wildchild. The guitar has a RR2xxx serial wich means it dates out of the 88/89 era.

I don't know if this is off-topic but does enybody know how to mimic Alexis or Roopes sound with BOSS GT-8?! I don't know what amp-models i should use......

And on-topic question: What was Alexander's gear on Tuska 2003? or in everyelse show? Everybody bash allways about Alexi but i haven't seen enywhere what amps or rack alexander used

SuomenYnkkä;7175827 said:
And on-topic question: What was Alexander's gear on Tuska 2003? or in everyelse show?

In 2003 Alexander was already endorsed by ESP, so he was playing either his camouflage ESP or the HCDR-reaper one (you can see the pics on SOB).

:lol: See the vid to check the guitars. He was using both his ESP's the one HCD themed and the camo one. Which has always felt odd to me: Ale got his 2 ESP's and Alexi had to wait more to get his 2nd one, why?

:lol: See the vid to check the guitars. He was using both his ESP's the one HCD themed and the camo one. Which has always felt odd to me: Ale got his 2 ESP's and Alexi had to wait more to get his 2nd one, why?

It might be because Ale's ESP's were based on an already existing body type of ESP, and Alexi's weren't. Just guessing, tho...