The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

What software do you recommend to record guitar playing? I use Audacity, but maybe there are more useful programs out there.
How could I reduce the pick noises, when I record clean sections?

What software do you recommend to record guitar playing? I use Audacity, but maybe there are more useful programs out there.

I use my interface(line6 studio UX2) into Reaper(Free DAW) with POD Farm 2.0 as VST.

I use an MBox 2 Pro that I bought from my neighbor a few years ago and Cubase 5. For the sound I use some free amp simulators I got a few years ago (I record straight from the guitar, no amps or anything in between). I had Pro Tools 8 LE also but it was too unstable to use on my computer (Windows 7 64-bit), so I did the switch. Cubase has worked just fine.

Thanks, mine are, guitar and any effects into the amp, the amp's headphone output is connected into a Behringer UCA-222 and that goes into the PC with USB, maybe the headphone output is not the best, because it modify the sound so I should play with the EQ on the AMP to get back the tone, that I want.

Thanks, mine are, guitar and any effects into the amp, the amp's headphone output is connected into a Behringer UCA-222 and that goes into the PC with USB, maybe the headphone output is not the best, because it modify the sound so I should play with the EQ on the AMP to get back the tone, that I want.

I used to do the guitar- amp - headphone jack - soundcard thing too, but I noticed the headphone jack gives a slight buzz to the signal in the 10 000+ frequency range that I had to always EQ away, which again took out some of the real tone too. I then found out there are amp simulators and have been using them ever since. No hissing and you can edit the sound practically forever if you like.

Here's the video I got all of my tone stuff (Amp simulators, mic position simulators etc) from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PHzkPjH7c

I think you need a real DAW for it to work though, not Audacity. Reaper should be a free one.

Yeah that annoying noise... that's why I use Noise Gate (NS-2)
Anyway, these modeller things like pod 2, don't require amp? Just plug in the guitar and a headphone or straight into the PC and let's go?
(I've always wanted to try a pod)

Yeah that annoying noise... that's why I use Noise Gate (NS-2)
Anyway, these modeller things like pod 2, don't require amp? Just plug in the guitar and a headphone or straight into the PC and let's go?
(I've always wanted to try a pod)

The Pod is basically an amp without the loudspeaker. Plug your guitar and headphones in it and you're ready to go. How they work while recording is something I don't know. I guess it acts as a sound card so you can just plug it in the computer through a USB, and then record stuff into a DAW, but like I said this is only a guess.

Today I tried this DAW+VST combo, idk it's hard, you should put a lot of effort in it, until you make a usable distortion... So much easier to buy a professional mic or a modeller pod, pad etc and just record it, than watch tons of YT "manuals" then sit a couple of hours and try to figure out what's wrong... maybe because I still use my AMP and not an interface. But the real things are money and the VST is relatively cheaper.

hahaha it shows in the pictures that its missing the power transformer. that's why they are selling it as is and say no returns. they already know that thing isn't going to power up.

all that thing is worth is the scrap metal price.

Hey!

Are there any quality differences between the original DR Strings and the Alexi Laiho DR Strings or just pay 2 more € because Alexi's picture is on the front?

Arystar, just for you, I found an RR24M black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACKSON-RAN...-Guitar-MIJ-/121778736336?hash=item1c5a940cd0

thx but it costs more then its original retail price + 150 dollars shipping nvm :rofl:

also im not that trustworthy when it comes to ebay. im hoping to find one locally or in the netherlands

thx but it costs more then its original retail price + 150 dollars shipping nvm :rofl:

also im not that trustworthy when it comes to ebay. im hoping to find one locally or in the netherlands

Yeah, but it's rare as hell... :( and in mint condition as I see, that's why it's overpriced. You won't find any of them soon, they were also limited, weren't they?

The real scam is the WBB for 1000$ on Ebay, it's tremolo mother-screw, or panel (idk how that's called) is broken has a lot of scratches etc. On the italian page you can find another ones in better condition for less money, as I did.

Yeah, but it's rare as hell... :( and in mint condition as I see, that's why it's overpriced. You won't find any of them soon, they were also limited, weren't they?

The real scam is the WBB for 1000$ on Ebay, it's tremolo mother-screw, or panel (idk how that's called) is broken has a lot of scratches etc. On the italian page you can find another ones in better condition for less money, as I did.

rare is a big word. they werent limited as far as i am aware of but as with any guitar i think it got made in fewer numbers.
Mint condition still doesnt mean u can charge it overpriced lol, it costed 800 euros over here in stores...

I only paid $99.00 for mine......or actually the G/F paid for it as it was my BD present.

Pays to know the sales manager at Sam Ash!

Does yours sound better with the pickup swap? Is the alx worth getting?

I love the way my guitar sounds with the ALX, but I also have a big brass block installed on the tremolo, and that does have an effect on the tone as well.

Is it worth getting? That's really up to your ears. I figured if I didn't like it I could always sell it and recoup most of what I paid for it.